Vigo County's location in Indiana
|Founded by||Stephen Grover and Hanna Creal Burnett|
|Elevation||528 ft (161 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||812, 930|
|GNIS feature ID||431848|
Burnett was founded by Stephen Grover Burnett and his wife Hanna Creal Burnett c. 1835. By 1890, it had an active post office and a practicing physician, Dr. Seth B. Melton. The post office at Burnett was established in 1870, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1934.
Burnett is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2016-07-14.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Burnett, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved August 11, 2017.
- Bradsby, H.C. (1891). History of Vigo County, Indiana, with Biographical Selections. Chicago: S. B. Nelson & Co. p. 479.
- "Vigo County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved December 21, 2016.
|This Vigo County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|