CERAWeek is an annual energy conference organized by the information and insights company IHS Markit in Houston, Texas. The conference provides a platform for discussion on a range of energy-related topics; CERAWeek 2017 featured sessions on the world economic outlook, geopolitics, energy policy and regulation, climate change and technological innovation, among other topics. The conference features prominent speakers from energy, policy, technology, and financial industries, and is chaired by Pulitzer Prize winner Daniel Yergin, vice-chairman, IHS Markit and Jamey Rosenfield, vice chair, CERAWeek, senior vice president, IHS Markit. Both are co-founders of Cambridge Energy Research Associates.
The 37th annual CERAWeek conference will be held from March 11 to 15, 2019, in Houston, Texas.
Speakers and Attendees
CERAWeek attracts executives, government officials and thought leaders from the energy, policy, technology, and financial industries to Houston each year. In 2017, there were over 3,400 delegates and more than 350 speakers.
Recent Speakers at CERAWeek have included:
- President Bill Clinton
- President George W. Bush
- Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau
- Henry Kissinger, former US Secretary of State
- Nizar Al-Adsani, chairman and managing director, Kuwait Petroleum Corporation
- Vagit Alekperov, president and CEO, LUKOIL
- Ben Bernanke, former chairman of the US Federal Reserve
- Bob Dudley, chief executive, BP
- Khalid Al-Falih, chief executive, Saudi Aramco
- Bill Gates, co-chair, Gates Foundation
- John Hess, chairman and CEO, Hess Corporation
- Hon. John Hickenlooper, Governor of Colorado
- Walter Isaacson, CEO, Aspen Institute
- Jeffrey Immelt, chairman and CEO, General Electric
- Joe Kaeser, CEO, Siemens
- Hon. John Kasich, Governor of Ohio
- Fred Krupp, president, Environmental Defense Fund
- Ryan Lance, CEO, ConocoPhillips
- Andrew Liveris, chairman and CEO, The Dow Chemical Company
- Emilio Lozoya, CEO, Pemex
- Helge Lund, president and CEO, Statoil
- Christophe de Margerie, chairman and CEO, Total
- Gina McCarthy, administrator, US EPA
- Ernie Moniz, U.S. Secretary of Energy
- Admiral Mike Mullen, former chairman, US Joint Chiefs
- Ali Naimi, Minister of Petroleum, Saudi Arabia
- Marvin Odum, president, Shell Oil
- Igor Sechin, executive chairman, Rosneft
- Jeffery Smisek, president and CEO, United Airlines
- Rex Tillerson, chairman and CEO, ExxonMobil
- Peter Voser, chief executive officer, Royal Dutch Shell
- John Watson, chairman and CEO, Chevron
- Baosen Zheng, managing director and group head, State Grid Corporation of China
- Jiping Zhou, president, China National Petroleum Co.
CERAWeek’s Energy Innovation Pioneers
Each year at CERAWeek, the Energy Innovation Pioneer program recognizes companies and entrepreneurs whose technologies and business plans have the potential to transform the energy industry. Companies are selected based on several criteria, including the feasibility of their plan and scalability of their technology, and are presented at an Energy Insight Breakfast session during the conference. In 2014, CERAWeek recognized 24 pioneers.
- "IHS CERAweek". Archived from the original on 2014-11-29. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- "An Energy Conference You Don't Want to Miss". Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- "Picarro Named 2012 Energy Innovation Pioneer by IHS CERA". 2012-05-12. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- "IHS CERAWEEK 2014". 2013-08-13. Retrieved 17 November 2014.