This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||Corvallis, Oregon (1946)|
(as Cornell, Howland, Hayes, and Merryfield)
|Headquarters||Meridian, Colorado, United States|
|Jacqueline Hinman, President and Chief Executive Officer|
|Revenue||US$5.24B (FY 2016)|
|US$(240.1M) (FY 2016)|
|US$139.2M (FY 2016)|
|Total assets||US$2.67B (FY 2016)|
|Total equity||US$546.7M (FY 2016)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Jacobs Engineering Group|
CH2M HILL, also known as CH2M, was a global engineering company that provided consulting, design, construction, and operations services for corporations, and federal, state, and local governments. The firm's headquarters was in Meridian, an unincorporated area of Douglas County, Colorado, in the Denver-Aurora Metropolitan Area.
The postal designation of nearby Englewood was commonly listed as the company's location in corporate filings and local news accounts. As of December 2016, CH2M had approximately 20,000 employees and revenues totaled $5.24 billion.
In December 2017, it was announced that CH2M had been acquired by Jacobs Engineering Group, a Dallas engineering firm, reportedly for $3.3 billion. 
CH2M was founded in 1946 in Corvallis, Oregon, by Oregon State University civil engineering professor Fred Merryfield and three of his students: Holly Cornell, James Howland and Thomas Burke Hayes (the firm was named after the founders, with Howland and Hayes making up the H2 portion). Cornell, Howland, and Hayes were all graduates of Oregon State University.
The company became CH2M HILL, after a merger in 1971. The firm remained headquartered in Oregon until 1980, when a decision was made to relocate to Colorado, a more central location in the United States.
On August 2, 2017, CH2M was acquired by Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. in a US$3.3 billion cash and stock deal. Shareholders approved the deal in December 2017, and the completion of the acquisition was announced on 18 December.
The company developed, maintains and publishes its own method for managing projects for clients, called the CH2M Hill Project Delivery System, which may be found at popular internet book retailers. As a firm specializing in project management, CH2M Hill has been associated in several large, complex projects around the world. In 2005, a CH2M Hill joint venture known as Kaiser Hill decommissioned and closed a former nuclear weapons facility at the Rocky Flats site in Colorado (former Rocky Flats Plant).
In Singapore, the company was part of a joint venture to replace the country's sanitary services infrastructure. The new Singapore Deep Tunnel System was designed to improve reliability, ease, and economy of operation, and to help handle Singapore's increasing waterfront utilization. CH2M Hill assisted in reconstruction efforts along the US Gulf Coast in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.
Its main assignments included providing temporary housing, debris removal, and other services. Other large projects include a $660 million gas fired power plant in Australia, in conjunction with General Electric, and an $11.7 billion project to relocate American military bases in Korea.
In August 2007, the Panama Canal Authority selected CH2M Hill to manage the $5.25 billion Panama Canal expansion project, which will add new locks to the Pacific and Atlantic ends of the canal and allow Post Panamax ships passage through the canal for the first time. In 2009, a CH2M Hill consortium was named program partner to oversee construction of the Crossrail project to expand London's transit system.
On August 30, 2006, as part of joint venture CLM, CH2M Hill was a supplier for the London 2012 Olympics. The other two members of the venture are project management service provider Mace Group and Laing O'Rourke, the largest privately owned construction firm in the United Kingdom.
In 2008, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) contracted a CH2M Hill company, CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation Company, LLC (CHPRC), to manage deconstruction and remediation of the Central Plateau on the Hanford Nuclear Site in eastern Washington, one of the world's largest environmental cleanup projects. The project focused on shrinking the environmental footprint of the Hanford Site from a 586-square-mile (1,520 km2) area (large enough to fit the city of Los Angeles) to 75 square miles (190 km2) or less.
Key acquisitions include Black, Crow & Eidsness (a southeast engineering firm in the United States) in 1977,, Gee & Jensen (a Ports and Harbor firm based in Florida) in August 2002, DeMil International (a weapons destruction firm based in the United States) in 2002, EHS Consultants Ltd (a consulting firm based in Hong Kong),, BBS Corporation (an environmental engineering firm based in Ohio) in October 2005.
On September 7, 2007, CH2M HILL finalized the purchase of most of the components of VECO, an Alaska based firm specialising in services to the oil, gas, and energy sector that had become embroiled in the Alaska political corruption probe. In December 2007, CH2M Hill acquired Trigon EPC. In March 2008, CH2M Hill acquired Texas based Goldston Engineering, a company specialising in marine and coastal transportation engineering services.
In 2014, CH2M HILL acquired TERA Environmental Consultants, a Canadian environmental consulting firm that has worked with pipeline and powerline clients and oil and gas companies for 30 years.
Acquisition by Jacobs Engineering
In December 2017, Jacobs Engineering announced that it had acquired CH2M. The acquisition was supported by 96% of CH2M employee shareholders. 
- "Jacqueline Hinman,". Archived from the original on February 2, 2014.
- "CH2M Hill Companies Ltd 2016 Annual Report – Form 10-K – March 2017". secdatabase.com. Retrieved January 11, 2019.
- "CH2M, one of Colorado's largest private companies, is swallowed up by Texas firm".
- "CH2M Hill – Our History". Ch2m.com. Archived from the original on January 1, 2014. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Oregon State University". Oregonstate.edu. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Jacobs to Acquire CH2M to Create Premier $15 Billion Global Solutions Provider". Business Wire. August 2, 2017. Retrieved August 2, 2017.
- "CH2M shareholders back merger with Jacobs". The Construction Index. December 15, 2017. Retrieved December 18, 2017.
- "Jacobs completes acquisition of CH2M". The Construction Index. December 18, 2017. Retrieved December 18, 2017.
- CH2M Hill Project Managers (2000). Project Delivery System : A System and Process for Benchmark Performance. CH2M Hill - Denver, CO. ISBN 0965261603. OCLC 668106433. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "CH2M Hill and PWD Consultants Awarded $123.9 Million Contract for Portion of One of the World's Largest Wastewater Projects". Business Wire. February 21, 2000.
- Rowson, Jessica (June 17, 2009). "Singapore sewerage: No space to waste | Features | New Civil Engineer". Nce.co.uk. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Federal Budget and Tax Policy - CH2M Hill". www.taxpayer.net. December 21, 2005. Archived from the original on November 30, 2006. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "GE Energy, CH2M Hill To Build Coal Seam Gas-Fired Power Plant In Australia". www.oilvoice.com. Keyfacts. June 14, 2007. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "Dynamic-Korea". Dynamic-Korea. June 10, 2007. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "CH2M Hill lands Panama Canal expansion contract". www.canadianconsultingengineer.com. Annex Business Media. August 7, 2007. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "CH2M Hill Selected as $5-billion Panama Canal Expansion Program Manager". www.enr.com. BNP Media. August 17, 2007. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "CH2M Hill, partners to oversee $22B 'Crossrail' project in London". www.bizjournals.com. American City Business Journals. April 1, 2009. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "Press Release: London Olympics Delivery Partner". www.aroundtherings.com. Around the Rings. Archived from the original on October 21, 2006. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "CH2M Hill Acquires Black, Crow & Eidsness, Inc". Environmental Expert. January 1, 1977. Retrieved April 20, 2015.
- "CH2M Hill Companies Ltd – 10-K – For 12/31/04". SEC Info. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "CH2M Hill buys blast chamber company, technology". August 23, 2002.
- Canadian Business Resource. "Corporate Profile: CH2M Hill". www.cbr.ca. Canadian Newspaper Services International Limited. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- Brian E. Sturtevant. "BBS Corporation Joins CH2M Hill". Caprep.com. Archived from the original on October 1, 2011. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "CH2M Hill Finalizes Acquisition of VECO – re> DENVER, Sept. 7 /PRNewswire/". Prnewswire.com. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "CH2M Hill raises energy level : Energy". The Rocky Mountain News. January 17, 2008. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- CH2M Hill. "CH2M Hill Press Release: CH2M HILL Finalizes Acquisition of Texas-Based Goldston Engineering". www.marketwire.com. Marketwired L.P. Archived from the original on May 20, 2016. Retrieved July 24, 2009.
- "CH2M Hill buys Canadian firm focused on energy and environment". bizjournals.com. May 28, 2014. Archived from the original on October 27, 2014. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- "Jacobs Completes CH2M Acquisition".