CITIC Press Group
CITIC Press Group (Chinese: 中信出版集团), formerly CITIC Publishing Group, is a publishing company founded in 1988 based in Beijing, China. The publisher is a subsidiary of CITIC Group. They engage in digital and physical book retail and provide professional education.
The company was established in 1988 as China CITIC Press.
In 2001, Wang Bin was hired to run the publishing house.
Since 2010, the CITIC Press Group has been developing a network of bookstores in major airports and other important buildings in China. By December 2015, the company owned 132 bookstores, and announced its plan to open of a 1,000 more the following year.
In January 2017, the company announced the launch of its content product aggregation platform Citic Academy. In September 2017, the CITIC Press Group inked a deal with Japan's Culture Convenience Club to create a joint cultural content distribution platform.
- "Citic Press Corporation: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-06-16.
- "Wang Bin of China CITIC Press: If It Does Not Evolve, Traditional Publishing Has No Future". Upenn.edu. 23 June 2010. Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- 出版企业跨越式发展战略探析 (in Chinese). People's Daily Online. July 24, 2012. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- "About CITIC Press Group - 中信出版集团". press.citic. Retrieved 2018-06-16.
- Zhu Wenqian (17 December 2015). "CITIC Press bets on Web to fuel its future growth". Chinadaily.com. Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- "Citic publishing house shi hongjun three or five years of publishing industry will not change will be destroyed citic publishing house shi hongjun three or five years of publishing industry will not change will die". Gate-of-china.com. 13 January 2017. Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- "CITIC publishing group ready to expand in Japan". Chinadaily.com. 29 September 2017. Retrieved 27 January 2019.
|This publishing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|