This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Calcutta Club (Bengali: কলকাতা ক্লাব) is a social club located on Lower Circular Road in Kolkata (formerly Calcutta), India. It was established in 1907 and the first president of the club was the Maharajah of Cooch Behar, Sir Nripendra Narayan.
Although not the oldest private members club in the city, it is notable because it was formed at a time when the existing Bengal Club only admitted whites as members. Lord Minto, the Viceroy of India at the time, had wished to invite Rajen Mookerjee to dine at the Bengal Club and, when the discriminatory policy was thus exposed, a decision was taken to form a club with a membership policy not dictated by race.
The club had historically restricted membership to men. However, this was changed in 2007 and the club started admitting women members.
The club also has reviewed it child policy and has started admitting children above the age of twelve years of age at all times since very recently.