Cameron Smith (American football)
|No. 59 – Minnesota Vikings|
|Born:||March 26, 1997|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||238 lb (108 kg)|
|High school:||Granite Bay (CA)|
|NFL Draft:||2019 / Round: 5 / Pick: 162|
|Roster status:||Practice squad|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 10, 2019|
Cameron Smith (born March 26, 1997) is an American football linebacker for the Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the USC Trojans and was selected by the Vikings in the fifth round of the 2019 NFL Draft.
Cameron Smith attended Granite Bay High School in Granite Bay, California. He played Linebacker; Granite Bay High won the state championship during Smith’s sophomore year, in which Smith was the leading tackler for the season. He also was on Granite Bay’s baseball and wrestling teams. Smith was rated by Rivals.com as a four-star recruit and was ranked as the seven best Inside Linebacker in his class and 190th best player overall. He committed to the University of Southern California (USC) to play college football where he joined the Beta-Sigma chapter of Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity.
|Year||Team||Interceptions / Coverage||Fumbles|
Smith was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings in the fifth round (162nd overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft. He was waived on August 31, 2019, and was signed to the practice squad the next day. He was promoted to the active roster on October 12, 2019. He was waived again on November 2, 2019 and re-signed to the practice squad.
- "Cameron Smith, Minnesota Vikings, Inside Linebacker". 247Sports.com. CBS Interactive. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- Shaw, Hank (May 21, 2014). "Cameron Smith Commits to USC". FanSided. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- "Cameron Smith College Stats". Sports Reference. Retrieved December 13, 2016.
- "Vikings Select USC LB Cameron Smith in the 5th Round of the NFL Draft". Minnesota Vikings. April 27, 2019. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- "Vikings Announce Roster Moves, Set Initial 53-Man Roster". Vikings.com. August 31, 2019.
- "Vikings Fill Initial 2019 Practice Squad". Vikings.com. September 1, 2019.
- Peters, Craig (October 12, 2019). "Vikings Sign Cameron Smith to Active Roster, Waive Davion Davis". Vikings.com.
- "Vikings Add Holton Hill To 53-Man Roster, Waive Cam Smith". Vikings.com. November 2, 2019. Retrieved November 3, 2019.