Cannabis in Ecuador
Cannabis in Ecuador is legal for personal consumption in quantities of up to 10 grams. The sale of marijuana is illegal.
According to the 2008 Constitution of Ecuador in its Article 364 the Ecuadorian state does not see drug consumption as a crime but only as a health concern. Since June 2013 the State drugs regulatory office CONSEP has published a table which establishes maximum quantities carried by persons so as to be considered in legal possession and that person as not a seller of drugs. The amount of cannabis that is allowed as personal consumption quantity is 10 grams of marijuana or hash.
Cannabis for medical purposes was legalized by the National Assembly of Ecuador in September 2019 by a 83 to 23 vote.
- "La nueva tabla para consumo de drogas es una guía para jueces" in El Telegrafo Archived 2013-06-22 at the Wayback Machine
- "Dosis máximas de droga para consumo ya están vigentes" Archived 2013-06-24 at the Wayback Machine at El Comercio.com.
- "Ecuador: Aprueban tenencia de drogas para consumo" Archived 2013-06-25 at the Wayback Machine at El Nuevo Herald
- ""Ecuador could regulate the drug industry" by el telegrafo". Archived from the original on 2013-06-24. Retrieved 2016-11-21.
- "La Asamblea Nacional de Ecuador aprueba el uso medicinal del cannabis" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2019-09-19. Retrieved 2019-09-19.