(Redirected from Cantilena (disambiguation))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up cantilena in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A cantilena (Italian for "lullaby" and Latin for "old, familiar song") is a vocal melody or instrumental passage in a smooth, lyrical style.
More specifically, the term can refer to:
- Bachianas Brasileiras No. 5 by Heitor Villa-Lobos
- Cantilena (album), jazz album by First House
- Cantilena Antiqua, an Italian early music ensemble
- Cantilena Chamber Players, a chamber music ensemble active in the 1980s
- Cantilenae Intelectuales de Phoenice Redivivo, a 17th-century alchemical book
- Il-Kantilena, the oldest known literary text in Maltese
- Salv'a lo vescovo senato, also known as the Cantilena giullaresca, a 12th-century Tuscan poem
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cantilena.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.