Davis warming up before a game in 2009.
|No. 39, 45, 38|
|Born:||March 27, 1981|
St. Louis, Missouri
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||225 lb (102 kg)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2008|
Carey Alexander Davis (born March 27, 1981 in St. Louis, Missouri) is a former American football fullback. He was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2004. He played college football at Illinois.
Davis has also been a member of the Atlanta Falcons, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Washington Redskins. He won a Super Bowl championship with the Steelers against the Arizona Cardinals during Super Bowl XLIII.
Davis played college football at the University of Illinois where he played in 42 games having success in both receiving and running duties. He finished his career with 114 receptions for 751 yards and five touchdowns and running the ball he added 216 carries for 1,012 yards for and one touchdown. He graduated in May 2003 with a degree in Leisure Studies/Sports Management.
Davis was originally signed by the Indianapolis Colts as a rookie free agent on April 30, 2004 and spent a brief period on the active roster. He then was added to the roster of various teams, including the Atlanta Falcons, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the Miami Dolphins, but received no playing time.
Davis signed a contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers on January 3, 2007. It was announced on September 7, 2007 that Davis would be the 2007 Opening Day starting fullback, beating out incumbent starter Dan Kreider. Kreider and Davis shared the starting position through the season until the Monday Night Football game against the Miami Dolphins, when Kreider tore his ACL. From that game forward, Davis was the starting fullback. When halfback Willie Parker went down with an injury in Week 16, Davis shared some snaps at halfback with Najeh Davenport. He finished the season having played in 16 games and rushing 17 times for 68 yards. In 2007, he led the team in special team tackles with 17.
During the 2008 season, his production declined as the Steelers offense became more pass-oriented. Midseason, he was replaced as starting fullback by Sean McHugh.
Davis is the sideline reporter for Illinois Fighting Illini football broadcasts.
- Dulac, Gerry (September 7, 2007). "Davis replaces Kreider as starter". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved April 15, 2016.
- Bouchette, Ed; Dulac, Gerry (September 5, 2009). "Steelers cut down roster". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved April 15, 2016.
- Bouchette, Ed; Dulac, Gerry (September 29, 2009). "Steelers sign fullback Davis". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved April 15, 2016.
- "Redskins Make Roster Moves". WBOC-TV. Aug 23, 2010. Retrieved April 15, 2016.
- Tenorio, Paul; Reid, Jason (September 5, 2010). "Redskins finalize roster. Draft picks, big names are cut". The Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved April 15, 2016.