Carranglan, Nueva Ecija
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Municipality of Carranglan|
Map of Nueva Ecija with Carranglan highlighted
|Region||Central Luzon (Region III)|
|Barangays||17 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Mary Baldevarona Abad|
|• Electorate||22,198 voters (2016)|
|• Total||705.31 km2 (272.32 sq mi)|
|• Density||58/km2 (150/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)44|
|Climate type||tropical monsoon climate|
|Income class||1st municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||164.4 million (2016)|
It is the province's largest municipality in terms of land area.
The municipality is home to the Pantabangan–Carranglan Watershed Forest Reserve.
Carranglan is politically subdivided into 17 barangays.
- Baluarte (now R.A. Padilla)
- Digdig (now called Joson)
- General Luna
- San Agustin
- T. L. Padilla Pob. (Bgy. I)
- F. C. Otic Pob. (Bgy. II)
- D. L. Maglanoc Pob. (Bgy.III)
- G. S. Rosario Pob. (Bgy. IV)
|Population census of Carranglan|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- Saint Nicolas of Tolentine Parish Church of Carranglan
- Carranglan Central School
- Carranglan Municipal Hall
Notable people of Carranglan
This section's factual accuracy is disputed. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Liza Soberano - Hope Elizabeth Soberano (formerly known by the screen name Hope Soberano), is a young Filipina American model and actress, a contract artist of ABS-CBN and Star Magic. She is currently starring in the teleserye FOREVERMORE and in the movie "THE BET" to be released in 2015. Her great grandmothers Isabel Jacinto Arevalo and Olympia Alnas Padilla were from Gapan and from Carranglan.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Nueva Ecija". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region III (Central Luzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region III (Central Luzon)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region III (Central Luzon)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Nueva Ecija". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carranglan, Nueva Ecija.|