Historical unincorporated community
|Elevation||407 m (1,335 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||65300|
|U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Carter, Arkansas|
Carter (1960–2018) was an unincorporated community in White River Township, Washington County, Arkansas, United States. It is located on Arkansas Highway 74 between Arnett and Sulphur City. At times it was also known as Carter's Store, Carter Store, and Hicks. A post office, for all these names at different times existed from 1875 to 1953. The community has the name of John C. Carter, first postmaster.
- "GNIS Detail - Carter". USGS. Retrieved June 8, 2013.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Carter, Arkansas United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "Carter's Store/Hicks WC 43 NO POST OFFICE". A.D. Poole. Retrieved June 8, 2013.
- History of Benton, Washington, Carroll, Madison, Crawford, Franklin, and Sebastian Counties, Arkansas. Higginson Book Company. 1889. p. 319.
|This Arkansas state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|