This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
For the chain of convenience stores, and fuel brand of the same name, see CHS Inc.
|Motto||Independent, not-for-profit, low emission vehicle consultancy and research organisation |
|Type||Private Limited by guarantee without Share Capital Exempt from using Limited|
|Purpose||Promotion of low carbon vehicle transport|
|Headquarters||Cenex, Advanced Technology Innovation Centre, Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3QF|
Cenex is an independent not-for-profit low emission vehicle research and consultancy organisation. Originally set up in 2005, Cenex specialises in helping private and public sector organisations to assess, implement and validate ULEV strategies.
Cenex – the Low Carbon and Fuel Cells Centre of Excellence – was established in April 2005 with support from the Automotive Unit of the Department of Trade and Industry(DTI) (now Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy) to allow the UK automotive sector to respond competitively to the challenges posed by the transition to low carbon and fuel cell technologies.
Cenex is the organiser of the Low Carbon Vehicle Event (since 2008). Cenex-LCV is a UK low carbon vehicle event incorporating four key features:
- Technology exhibition split over three halls
- Extensive seminar programme
- Facilitated networking with the low carbon community
- Ride and Drive of the latest research and development and commercially available vehicles
The Cenex Transport Team helps clients to implement low and ultra-low emission vehicle technologies into fleet, freight and logistics operations including hydrogen, gas and electric vehicles of all sizes.
- The Cenex VC3 tool compares the whole life cost and carbon emissions of diesel, electric, gas and stop-start van technologies.
- CLEAR Capture (Cost-effective Low Emissions Analysis from Real-world Date Capture) uses a simple, cost effective, plugin device to gather real world vehicle drive cycle data.
- Example case studies of work taken on by the Transport Team include:
Energy Systems Team
The Energy Systems Team support the development of smart, clever and connected infrastructure that transform the way vehicles integrate with the National Grid. Cenex also support and advise on the installation of low emission vehicle infrastructure across the UK and Europe.
- Cenex is involved in numerous Vehicle-to-Grid research projects across the UK and Europe 
- Cenex chairs the UK Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Association UKEVSE
- The Energy Systems Team provides support and project management of EV infrastructure installation
Innovation Support Team
The Innovation Support Team runs programmes on behalf of Central and Local Government to develop the UK supply chain, aiming to place the UK as the leading country for the development of low emission vehicle technology.
- Cenex worked with Nottingham City Council to help deliver the City and regions ambitions to be a global leader in low carbon mobility
- The Innovation Support Team lead on the InclusivEV project which investigated the potential for electric vehicles to be used to tackle transport poverty
- Energy Technologies Institute, also at Loughborough
- "Cenex - Centre of Excellence for Low Carbon and Fuel Cell Technologies". Cenex.
- "CENEX (CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE FOR LOW CARBON AND FUEL CELL TECHNOLOGIES)". Duedil.com. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Cenex". EV-Lite. Archived from the original on 4 October 2013. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Robert Evans - CEO, Cenex". Eco-Rally Advisor. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Cenex - Centre of Excellence for Low Carbon and Fuel Cell Technologies". Cenex. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Cenex LCV2017 – Low Carbon Vehicle Event, 6 & 7 September 2017, Millbrook". www.cenex-lcv.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Van Cost and Carbon Calculator (VC3)". Cenex. 2014-09-09. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "CLEAR Capture - Cenex". Cenex. 2017-02-07. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "British Gas: EV Deployment Risk Assessment". Cenex. 2015-02-05. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Reducing Construction Carbon Emissions in Logistics (ReCCEL)". Cenex. 2017-01-06. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Hydrogen Van Trials - Cenex". Cenex. 2012-09-01. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Vehicle-to-Grid - Cenex". Cenex. 2017-01-31. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "UK EVSE". UK EVSE. 2014-02-17. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Infrastructure Deployment Support - Cenex". Cenex. 2014-02-17. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Working in Partnership with Nottingham City Council". Cenex. 2016-10-03. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "InclusivEV - Cenex". Cenex. 2016-09-27. Retrieved 2017-03-03.