Central City Police Department
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Central City Police Department|
|First appearance||Showcase #4|
|Created by||Robert Kanigher|
|Type of organization||Law enforcement agency|
History of CCPD
Central City Police Department is both an ally and opponent of Flash, the superhero long-established in Central City.
Darryl Frye is the Captain of the Central City Police. He has seen the Crime Lab division decline over the years from the best the Mid West had to offer, to a department mired in wrongful convictions and budget cuts. Frye became the legal guardian to Barry Allen after his mother was killed and his father was put in prison.
While still a senior at college, Barry helped the authorities apprehend a bank robber, and he was offered a job as a police scientist for the Central City Police Department Scientific Detection Bureau. One night during an electrical storm at the Crime Lab, Barry returned to an experiment after a short break. All of a sudden, a bolt of lightning streaked through the window, knocked him over, and smashed down certain chemicals, giving him a bath in them. This accident gave Barry his powers of Super-speed which he later went on to fight crime as the Flash.
|Barry Allen||Forensic Science Division||Showcase Vol 1 #4, October 1956||Secretly the Flash|
|Darryl Frye||Captain||The Flash Vol 1 #285, May 1980||Captain of the Central City Police Station.|
|David Singh||Crime Lab Director||Flash Secret Files and Origins 2010, May 2010||A Crime Lab Director for the Central City Police Department, who takes Barry Allen into his lab on Captain Frye's orders.|
|James Forrest||Crime Scene Investigator||Flash: Rebirth #2, July 2009||Forensic DNA Specialist.|
|Kristen Kramer||Intern||Flash Secret Files and Origins 2010, May 2010||Kristen Kramer is an Intern in the Central City Crime Lab.|
|Patty Spivot||Crime Scene Investigator||5 Star Super Hero Spectacular #1; Flash of Two Worlds||Barry Allen's girlfriend and assistant when he worked for the police department.|
|Angela Margolin||Crime Scene Investigator||Flash Vol 2 #143, December 1998||A scientist at the CCPD who occasionally helped the Flash.|
|Matthew Paulson||Police Chief||The Flash Vol 1 #273, May 1979||Former chief of the Central City Police Department.|
|Frank Curtis||Police Detective||The Flash Vol 1 #274, June 1979||Central City detective and colleague of Barry Allen.|
|Charlie Conwell||Police Detective||The Flash Vol 1 #197, May 1970||Police detective and friend of Barry Allen's who was murdered. His daughter Stacy later rents a room from Barry and Iris.|
|August Heart||Police Detective||Flash Rebirth Vol 2 #1||Central City detective turned super-villain.|
In other media
- Central City Police Department is featured in the 1990 television series, The Flash.
- Central City Police Department featured in the Justice League Unlimited TV series. Wally West worked there as a Crime Scene Investigator, much like Barry Allen.
- In the second season of Arrow, CSI Barry Allen of the Central City Police Department assists Starling City Police with a break-in and theft at a Queen Consolidated warehouse by Cyrus Gold. In season five, Dinah Drake is a former CCPD detective who specialized in undercover operations.
- Central City Police Department is featured in the 2014 series The Flash.
- CCPD appears in the animated film Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox when Barry first wakes up at his desk to learn that the world has changed. His Captain asks him about the Elongated Kid Murderer.
- The Central City Police Department appears in DC Universe Online. Learning that someone was tempering with his past, the Flash (Barry Allen) sends a pair of heroes to the night of the lightning strike via the Cosmic Treadmill to stop the meddlers from altering the timeline.