Centre de musique romantique française
The Centre de musique romantique française ("centre for French Romantic music") is a French-administered cultural institution, research centre and concert hall, in Venice, in north-eastern Italy. It is housed in the Palazzetto Bru Zane, an annex to the Palazzo Zane Collalto, on the Rio Marin in the sestiere of San Polo. The centre opened in October 2009. It is funded by the Fondation Bru, which also bought, restored and renamed the Casino Zane. The centre uses the name Palazzetto Bru Zane - Centre de musique romantique française.
In 1695, Marino Zane (1639–1709) commissioned the construction of a library (no longer extant) and a casino ("small house") next to the Zane family palace, the Palazzo Zane Collalto. This Casino was to house his collection of books and paintings, and to serve as a venue for art, music, and amusement. The architect Antonio Gaspari was responsible for the interior decoration. Palazzo Zane later passed to the Venier family, and in about 1784 was sold to the Collalto.
In 2006 the Fondation Bru bought the Casino from Dominic Habsburg-Lothringen for eight million euros, and then spent more than four million more on restoring it. The building now holds offices, studios, a library, and the original concert hall, which now holds an Erard piano from 1902. The frescoes in the salon and on the grand staircase, now attributed to Sebastiano Ricci, were also restored.
The centre has a staff of fifteen, and an annual budget of three million euros. It organises concerts, opera performances, and festivals both in Venice and elsewhere. It also organises musicological conferences and publishes books, sheet music, and musical recordings, either independently or in co-operation with more than 40 labels. It operates an internet radio station, Bru Zane Classical Radio, which broadcasts only French Romantic music.
This section does not cite any sources. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Collection Actes Sud / Palazzetto Bru Zane: Editions of letters and contemporary essays on music.
- Collection Opéra français (CD-books, 14 volumes published, as of March 2017)
- Collection Prix de Rome (CD-books, five volumes published)
- Collection Portraits (CD-books, three volumes published)
- L'express international. 3001-3017 (in French). Groupe Express. January 2009. pp. 61–.
Cette entreprise a été confiée à Renzo Piano, l'un des deux architectes du Centre Pompidou. Si l'installation de ... Il sera inauguré le 3 octobre 2009, date d'ouverture du premier festival consacré à la musique romantique. Objectif : valoriser ...
- Connaissance des arts - volumes 676–677, p. 14, 2009. "Le Palazzetto Bru Zane vu du canal Rio Marin. Olivier Raidt, la ... la Fondation Bru. Cette fondation suisse engagée dans le mécénat humanitaire et culturel a restauré tambour battant, mais dans les règles de l'art, le Palazzetto Zane."
- Massimo Favilla and Ruggero Rugolo, Notes sur l’histoire du casino Zane à San Stin, in: Le palazzetto Bru Zane. Histoire et renaissance, Venice 2009, pp. 5–27.
- The Casino Zane Official Website. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- I.P.S.I.A. "L. Sanudo" - Palazzo Collalto (in Italian). Città Metropolitana di Venezia. Accessed March 2019.
- Marie-Aude Roux, Venise, capitale à distance de la musique romantique française, Le Monde, 8 October 2009. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- Allison Zurfluh, Profile: Nicole Bru, Swiss Style Magazine. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- http://en.venezia.net/venice-palazzetto-bru-zane.html Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- Volker Hagedorn, Palazzetto Bru Zane. Madame Bru lässt bitten, Die Zeit, 20 March 2014. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- Benjamin Herzog, Palazzetto Bru Zane in Venedig: Schaltzentrale der Romantik SRF, 8 May 2014. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- Geoff Brown, Concert: OAE / Cohen at St John’s Smith Square, SW1, The Times, 14 February 2017. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- http://operalounge.de/features/portraits-interviews/kleine-und-grosse-wunder-a-la-francaise ″Opernwunder à la Française″, Operalounge.de. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- http://www.bru-zane.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Catalogue-of-scores-Palazzetto-Bru-Zane-July-2016-EN.pdf Catalogue of the published sheet music and performance material (pdf). Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- http://operalounge.de/features/portraits-interviews/centre-de-musique-romantique-francaise ″Mäzene, Romantik und viel Regen″, Operalounge.de. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- http://www.icma-info.com/the-palazzetto-bru-zane-launched-web-radio International Classical Music Awards (IMCA) Online. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Palazzetto Bru Zane (Venice).|