Chandipur, Purba Medinipur
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kanthi|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Chandipur|
|Cities and towns in Tamluk subdivision of Purba Medinipur district|
M: municipal city/ town, CT: census town, R: rural/ urban centre
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
CD block HQ
The headquarters of Chandipur CD block are located at Chandipur.
94.08% of the population of Tamluk subdivision live in the rural areas. Only 5.92% of the population live in the urban areas, and that is the second lowest proportion of urban population amongst the four subdivisions in Purba Medinipur district, just above Egra subdivision.
Note: The map alongside presents some of the notable locations in the subdivision. All places marked in the map are linked in the larger full screen map.
As per 2011 Census of India Chandipur had a total population of 2,343 of which 1,186 (51%) were males and 1,157 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 217. The total number of literates in Chandipur was 2,025 (95.25% of the population over 6 years).
There is a road linking Chandipur and Nandigram.
Erashal Rural Hospital at Erashal, PO Math Chandipur (with 30 beds) is the main medical facility in Chandipur CD block. There are primary health centres at Gokhuri, PO Majnaberia (with 2 beds) and Baraghuni (with 10 beds).
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Purba Medinipur". Tables 2.1, 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original on 29 July 2017. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Nandakumar PS". Purba Medinipur District Police. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "District Census Handbook: Purba Medinipur" (PDF). Map of Purba Medinipur with CD block HQs and Police Stations. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal, 2011. Retrieved 9 November 2016.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Purba Medinipur". Table 2.2. Department of Planning and Statistics, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 20 April 2019.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- Google maps
- Google maps
- Kharagpur-Howrah Local 38606 Indiarailinfo
- Howrah-Haldia Local 68689 ⇒ 38089 Indiarailinfo
- Santragachi-Digha EMU 78001 ⇒ 68687 Indiarailinfo
- "68690 Digha-Mecheda Local". Time Table. indiarailinfo. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Health & Family Welfare Department". Health Statistics. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 27 March 2019.