|• Body||Gram panchayat|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Serampore|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Chanditala|
|Cities and towns in Chanditala I, Chanditala II and Jangipara CD Blocks in Srirampore subdivision in Hooghly district|
M: municipal city/ town, CT: census town, R: rural/ urban centre,
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
Chanditala is located at.
CD Block HQ
The headquarters of Chanditala II CD Block are located at Chanditala.
Srirampore subdivision is the most urbanized of the subdivisions in Hooghly district. 73.13% of the population in the subdivision is urban and 26.88% is rural. The subdivision has 6 municipalities and 34 census towns. The municipalities are: Uttarpara Kotrung Municipality, Konnagar Municipality, Serampore Municipality, Baidyabati Municipality, Rishra Municipality and Dankuni Municipality. Amongst the CD Blocks in the subdivision, Uttarapara Serampore (census towns shown in a separate map) had 76% urban population, Chanditala I 42%, Chanditala II 69% and Jangipara 7% (census towns shown in the map above). All places marked in the map are linked in the larger full screen map.
As per the 2011 Census of India, Chanditala had a total population of 3,984 of which 2,059 (52%) were males and 1,925 (48%) were females. Population below 6 years was 335. The total number of literates in Chanditala was 3,119 (85.48% of the population over 6 years).
- CTC Bus Route
E-13/1 (Rabindra Sadan-Jangipara)
E-14 (Victoria House-Furfurasharif)
Arambagh Bus Terminal
E-13 (Esplanade Bus Terminus-Arambagh Bus Terminal)
- Private Bus Route
57A (Chanditala-Howrah Station)
Chanditala Rural Hospital has 30 beds.
- "Mouza Information". Land & Land Reforms Department, Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original on 22 December 2016. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Hooghly". Tables 2.1, 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "Hooghly District Police". West Bengal Police. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- "District Census Handbook: Hugli, Series-20, Part XIIA" (PDF). Map of Hooghly district with CD Block HQs and Police Stations (on the fifth page). Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal, 2011. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Hooghly". Table 2.2, 2.4(a). Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "Bamandanga". Indian Village Directory. Retrieved 18 October 2018.
- "CTC Information". Chanditala, Hooghly Bus Route.
- "Health & Family Welfare Department". Health Statistics. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 15 July 2017.