Charles Kay-Shuttleworth, 5th Baron Shuttleworth
Charles Geoffrey Nicholas Kay-Shuttleworth, 5th Baron Shuttleworth, KG, KCVO (born 2 August 1948) is a British hereditary peer. He is the son of Charles Ughtred Kay-Shuttleworth, 4th Baron Shuttleworth, and his wife, Anne Elizabeth Phillips.
Lord Shuttleworth was educated at Eton before he was elected FRICS and was a Director of Abbey National plc 1996–2004. He was appointed Lord Lieutenant of Lancashire on 13 January 1997, and has been Chairman of the Association of Lord Lieutenants since 2008. He has served as a Member of the Council of the Duchy of Lancaster since 1998 and was appointed Chairman of the Council in January 2006 .
Lord Shuttleworth was made a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (KCVO) in the 2011 New Year Honours, in addition to being a Knight of St John (KJStJ). He was appointed a Knight of the Order of the Garter (KG) on 23 April 2016.
The heir apparent to the barony is his son, the Hon Thomas Kay-Shuttleworth (born 1976). Lord Shuttleworth is Patron of The Veterans Association UK, an organisation dedicated to the welfare needs of veterans, serving personnel and their families.
2nd: on a Crescent Azure, a Goldfinch proper (Kay).
Sinister: a Seaman holding in his exterior hand a Ship's Lamp, all proper.
HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE
(Shame on him who thinks evil of it)
- The Hon. Charles Kay-Shuttleworth (1948–1975)
- The Lord Shuttleworth Bt (1975–2011)
- The Lord Shuttleworth Bt KCVO (2011–2016)
- The Lord Shuttleworth Bt KG KCVO (2016–present)
- "Person Page". www.thepeerage.com. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- "No. 54654". The London Gazette. 17 January 1997. p. 675.
- "No. 59647". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2010. p. 3.
- Benet.Coulber (18 May 2016). "Appointments of Knights Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter". Retrieved 13 October 2018.
Sir Simon Towneley
| Lord Lieutenant of Lancashire
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
| Baron Shuttleworth
Hon. Thomas Kay-Shuttleworth