This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chef Jeremiah's career began in 1998 at Johnson & Wales Culinary School in North Miami, Florida. After his training, he worked at Michelin-starred elBulli (under Ferran Adrià), wd~50, Noma, and Restaurant Aquavit, Spice Market, and Café Grey.
Restaurant and street food projects
In 2009, Chef Jeremiah converted a 1962 Airstream trailer into a mobile kitchen and launched gastroPod Miami, a street food truck in South Florida. The project gained the attention of the foodie community. VendrTV described gastroPod as "pushing limits and boundaries" of street food and NBC Miami called the menu "new takes on old classics."
Within a year, gastroPod was named Best Food Truck by the Miami New Times. Specialities over the years have included the Old Dirty Dog (a smoked short-rib hot dog on a potato bun and topped with sweet/spicy slaw), the Bánh Mì Taco (oxtail, trotters, country pâté and pickled radishes), the Sloppy José with brisket and Curry in a Hurry (vegan curry with rice). Later, the gastroPod concept evolved into the semi-annual podBrunch series, offering an eclectic menu in roving locations. One such event at the Wolfsonian Museum in Miami Beach, Florida, featured a prix fixe menu of French toast ice cream, egg and potato taco, charred yam cavatelli and pumpkin spice bundt cakes, among other items.
In 2012, Chef Jeremiah expanded his business beyond gastroPod with PICKLEpeoples. In an interview, Chef Jeremiah said his Kickstarter-funded pickling project "is about using technology and cutting edge techniques to streamline a time honored tradition." Some of his pickled creations worked their way into specialty cocktails at the pop-up bar The Broken Shaker.
In late 2013, Chef Jeremiah opened Subatomic Sandwiches at the Wolfsonian-FIU museum in Miami Beach, Florida. The "throw-back" sub shop features twists on classic sandwiches and "house-made everything," including bread.
A lifelong Miami resident, Chef Jeremiah describes his culinary style as "hustling" and is a personal chef to rapper Rick Ross. After Ross posted a picture of him on Instagram, Chef Jeremiah appeared alongside the rapper in a 2013 Reebok Classics television commercial called "Rick Ross Lives White Hot."
In a season 9 episode of the Food Network reality series Chopped, Chef Jeremiah made it to the final round. In 2014, he faced off against Bobby Flay over Cuban sandwiches on season 2 of the Food Network program Beat Bobby Flay. And in 2015, he made it to the final round of Cutthroat Kitchen: The Truck Stops Here.
In 2017, he teamed up with Complex Networks as the star of his own reality series, Chef Jeremiah Forks It!, which aired on both Verizon's go90 and Complex.com. According to BlackBook, Chef Jeremiah "has possibly one of the most awe-inspiring CVs in the restaurant biz." The magazine called his new show an "anything-and-everything-goes, mad fun...food show [that] might just make Anthony Bourdain look like a nun." Each week on Chef Jeremiah Forks It!, Chef Jeremiah eats and cooks his way through an American city, exploring the food culture, and putting his spin on local dishes for a final feast, complete with a step-by-step recipe tutorial.
Chef Jeremiah is also the founder of two annual food festivals in Miami—Duck Duck Goose and PIG! (Pork is Good). As of 2018, PIG! is in its 9th year and features local and national chefs creating unique pork-based dishes—"everything from chicharrones to smoked pork belly bao buns to and bacon ice cream, all using heritage-breed pork." In 2018, the third installment of Duck Duck Goose will feature the Miami area's top chefs preparing local and pasture-raised fowl using innovative techniques and ingredients. According to the Miami New Times, "The daylong event [offers] a small group of local foodies the opportunity to sample one-of-a-kind creations from some of the area's top chefs, along with live music and a family-friendly, party vibe."
- Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog - Biography at StarChefs.com
- Rick Ross' Personal Chef Cooked at El Bulli, wd-50, and Noma | FirstWeFeast.com
- Road Food - Eater Miami
- gastroPod (Miami, FL) : VendrTV - YouTube
- Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog Jumpstarts Gourmet on the Go - Bing Videos Archived October 11, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog Jumpstarts Gourmet on the Go | NBC 6 South Florida
- Best Food Truck Miami 2010 - GastroPod Mobile Gourmet - Miami New Times
- Chef Jeremiah's Pod Brunch at The Wolfsonian's Dynamo Cafe Saturday, October 12 | miami.com
- Jeremiah Bullforg And His Culinary Lab| Tasting Table
- Subatomic Sandwiches Opens at the Wolfsonian-FIU
- Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog On Cooking For Rick Ross, Hustling, And Pickles
- Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog of gastroPOD debuts in Rick Ross commercial for Reebok | miami.com
- "Beat Bobby Flay, "Risky Business" (Episode: BY0204H)". FoodNetwork.com.
- "Cutthroat Kitchen, "The Truck Stops Here" (Episode: KT0812H)". FoodNetwork.com.
- "First Look: 'Chef Jeremiah Forks It' Food Show".
- "Jeremiah Bullfrog Launches Cooking Show".
- "Jeremiah Bullfrog's Pork Festival P.I.G. 8 Returns November 18".
- "Jeremiah Bullfrog's Duck Duck Goose Returns With Top Chefs Serving Foie Gras and Champagne".