Chenango Valley State Park
|Chenango Valley State Park|
Chenango Valley State Park, November 2011
|Location||153 State Park Road |
Chenango Forks, New York
|Nearest city||Binghamton, New York|
|Area||1,137 acres (4.60 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||173,960 (in 2014)|
|Website||Chenango Valley State Park|
Chenango Valley State Park is a 1,137-acre (4.60 km2) state park located in Broome County, New York in the United States. The park is located adjacent to the Chenango River in western part of the Town of Fenton.
The park includes the 18-hole Chenango Valley State Park Golf Course.
Chenango Valley State Park offers a beach, picnic tables with pavilions, a playground, recreation programs, a 184-site campground, 24 cabins, sledding, a boat launch with boat rentals, and a food concession. Trails are available for hiking, biking, and cross-country skiing.
The park includes forested and wetland habitats; forested areas contain populations of woodpeckers, nuthatches, warblers and thrushes, while the lake and wetland areas host herons, ducks and kingfishers. The mature woodlands are noted for a particularly large number of pileated woodpeckers. For anglers, Chenango Lake includes trout, bass, perch and bullhead.
The Chenango Valley State Park Golf Course is located within the park. The course, originally constructed as a 9-hole course by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s, was expanded to its current 18-hole size in 1967.
- "Chenango Valley State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 671. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-16. Retrieved April 9, 2016.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- "Chenango Valley State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- "Chenango Valley State Park". NYS Department of Environmental Conservation. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- "Chenango Valley State Park Golf Course". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
|This article about a location in Broome County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|