Cheshire County Council

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cheshire County Council
Coat of arms of Cheshire County Council.png
Coat of arms
History
Founded1 April 1889
Disbanded31 March 2009
Succeeded byCheshire East Council
Cheshire West and Chester Council

Cheshire County Council was the county council of Cheshire. Founded on 1 April 1889, it was officially dissolved on 31 March 2009, when it and its districts were superseded by two unitary authorities; Cheshire West and Chester and Cheshire East.

At the time of its abolition in 2009, it had six districts: Chester, Congleton, Crewe and Nantwich, Ellesmere Port and Neston, Macclesfield, and Vale Royal.

Chairmen: 1889–1974[edit]