Chicken Cottage, North End Road, Fulham, London
|Products||Grills, Burgers, Wraps, BBQ, Wings|
Chicken Cottage International is a UK-based fast food chain. The company is the master franchisor and owner of the "Chicken Cottage" brand. Its taste is modelled on a blend of the Indian subcontinent and Southern United States flavours using halal ingredients. It currently operates through 115 outlets in the UK.
In February 2012, TI Global Food Holdings Ltd, a subsidiary of Terengganu Incorporated Sdn Bhd (Terengganu Inc), which is the main investment arm of the State of Terengganu, Malaysia, acquired a 22% stake in the company. The remaining 30% was at that point owned by Ri-Yaz Global Food Brands Inc, a subsidiary of Ri-Yaz Holdings, whose main focuses include hospitality, franchise business & development.
Health and safety
On 4 September 2003, the BBC consumer affairs TV programme Rogue Restaurants identified extremely serious environmental health problems with two London outlets of Chicken Cottage where raw chicken was not kept refrigerated for long periods and products were used after their use by dates. The programme did report that the Chicken Cottage headquarters promised to take remedial action once the BBC had informed them of the problems.
Malaysia's first branch opened in Ladang Tok Pelam, Kuala Terengganu in December 2015. There are plans to have 50 more outlets, including 15 in Terengganu . Other outlets are in Iraq, Pakistan, Nigeria, Belgium and Italy. 
- David, Adrian (December 17, 2015). "Malaysian owned Chicken Cottage to open doors in Mecca". New Straits Times. Retrieved November 18, 2017.
- Emel, J.; Neo, H. (2015). Political Ecologies of Meat. EBL-Schweitzer. Taylor & Francis. p. 264. ISBN 978-1-317-81641-6. Retrieved November 18, 2017.
- "Young, connected and Muslim – Chicken Cottage case study". Marketing Week. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- "This chicken is no longer a cottage industry". Foodanddrinknews-online.net. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- "BBC One - Rogue Restaurants, Episode 6". Bbc.co.uk. 2008-09-11. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- Clare Hutchison (2015-12-17). "Chicken Cottage opens first restaurant in Malaysia as its international expansion continues". Standard.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-10-11.
- "Restaurants". Chicken Cottage. Retrieved 2019-01-01.