|Region or state||Indian subcontinent|
|Associated national cuisine||India, Bangladesh, Pakistan|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, dahi (yogurt), red chili powder, ginger and garlic paste, lemon juice|
Chicken tikka is a chicken dish originating in the Indian subcontinent; the dish is popular in India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. It is traditionally small pieces of boneless chicken baked using skewers on a brazier called angeethi after marinating in Indian spices and dahi (yogurt)—essentially a boneless version of tandoori chicken. The word tikka (Tike in Turkish, and Tikə in Azerbaijani) is a Turkic word and means "bits" or "pieces". It is also a chicken dish served in Punjabi cuisine. The Kashmiri version of the dish, however, is grilled over red-hot coals, and does not always contain boneless pieces. The pieces are brushed with ghee (clarified butter) at intervals to increase its flavour, while being continuously fanned. It is typically eaten with green coriander and tamarind chutney served with onion rings and lemon, or used in preparing a chicken tikka masala.
A chicken tikka sizzler is a dish where chicken tikka is served on a heated plate with onions. The dish is also popular in Afghanistan, though the Afghan variant (like many other Persian, Turkish, and Arab dishes) is less spicy compared to the variants in the Indian subcontinent and uses beef and lamb in addition to chicken.
Chicken Tikka Recipe to let people enjoy the starter in different ways. The Chicken Tikka Biryani is one exquisite example where Boneless Chicken Tikka pieces are cooked with rice to form aromatic rice dish. Chicken Tikka rolls are served in most Roll and Shawarma. To prepare the chicken tikka masala, heat oil in a pan, add ginger-garlic paste tomato puree, cashew nut paste and then the marinated chicken pieces with the gravy.
Chicken Tikka served in Assam, India
- North Indian cuisine
- Paneer tikka
- Pakistani meat dishes
- Punjabi cuisine
- Chicken tikka masala
- Butter Chicken
- Pop's Mops and Sops: Barbecue and Sauces from Around the World, p. 76, by "B" "B" Quester
- Curry Club Tandoori and Tikka Dishes. London: Piatkus. 1993. ISBN 0-7499-1283-9.
- "Chicken Tikka Recipes". Deccan Chronicle. 2019-01-12. Retrieved 2019-01-24.
- India: Food & Cooking. London: New Holland. 2007. ISBN 978-1-84537-619-2.
- "Popular hariyali chicken tikka is mouthwatering". Gulf-Times (in Arabic). 2019-01-17. Retrieved 2019-01-24.
- "Plane passenger tucks into chicken tikka then realises it's a WEEK out of date". The Sun. 2019-01-14. Retrieved 2019-01-24.
- Biryani Recipes. Olivia Smith. p. 20.
- Rakhee Vaswani. "Chicken Tikka Calzone". Livingfoodz.com.