Chile–Philippines relations refer to the interstate and bilateral relations between Chile and the Philippines. According to Philippine President Benigno Aquino III, Chile and the Philippines share "unique experiences" with their Spanish colonizations, their predominance in Christianity, and their frequent occurrence of natural disasters as both countries are located in the Ring of Fire. Diplomatic relations between Chile and the Philippines began in 1854 when Chile opened a consulate in Binondo, Manila. But the formal relations established in July 4, 1946, the day when the Philippines officially gained its independence from the United States. Chile has an embassy in Manila and the Philippines has an embassy in Santiago.
In 2012, Chile and the Philippines were eyeing partnerships in mining and geothermal energy, Chilean President Sebastian Piñera shared stories about his country to Philippine President Benigno Aquino III during a bilateral meeting in Vladivostok, where the APEC summit was held. President Piñera also mentioned to President Aquino that his country needs English teachers, a potential jobs that awaits Filipinos in Chile. In that year also, saying that there were 318 Spanish-trained basic education teachers in the Philippines, Philippine Secretary of Education Armin Luistro announced an agreement was in process with the Chilean government to train Filipino school teachers in Spanish. In exchange, the Philippines will help the Chileans with their English fluency.
Chilean President Michelle Bachelet undertook a state visit to the Philippines on November 16, 2015 on the sidelines of the APEC Economic Leaders' Meeting in Manila. She met with Philippine President Benigno Aquino III at the Malacañang Palace, the two of whom also witnessed the signing of several bilateral agreements on disaster risk reduction and emergency management cooperation between their governments and agreed to pursue talks for a free trade agreement in an effort to increase trade and investment between Chile and the Philippines.
- Elemia, Camille (November 16, 2015). "Aquino to Chilean president: I found a 'kindred spirit' in you". Rappler. Retrieved November 17, 2015.
- Mangunay, Kristine. "DepEd mulls Spanish for students". Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- "Chile open to Pinoy English teachers, aquaculture cooperation"
- "PHL-Chile partnerships in mining, geothermal energy seen"
- Villanueva, Marichu (October 29, 2015). "Give way to APEC summiteers". The Philippine Star. Retrieved November 3, 2015.
- Mangosing, Frances (November 16, 2015). "PH, Chile sign agreement on disaster reduction, management". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved November 17, 2015.
- Diola, Camille (November 16, 2015). "Philippines, Chile eye free trade deal". The Philippine Star. Retrieved November 17, 2015.