Typical Chiquito's standalone unit development, Kingston-upon-Hull with a previous logo.
|Tex-Mex Mexican themed restaurant chain|
|Owner||The Restaurant Group plc|
Chiquito is a restaurant chain based in the United Kingdom specialising in Tex-Mex foods. The company was established in 1989, and has 68 restaurants across the country. It dubs itself as 'The Original Mexican Grill & Bar', and has been described as the United Kingdom's best known Mexican chain. Chiquito restaurants are part of the Restaurant Group.
Decor and style
The restaurants, which tend to feature a large bar and lounge style restaurant have rustic interior décor, based on traditional Mexican architecture and culture, where old Mexican posters and photos adorn the walls, alongside piñatas plates, castanets, fans, and sombreros. Spanish and Mexican music plays throughout the restaurant.
Notable past employees
In November 2015, the chain was one of seven restaurants surveyed that failed to meet a basic level of sustainability in its seafood.
- (4 March 2010). Go Mexican for a hot chain meal, Bristol Evening Post
- Ritchie, Simon (27 December 2008). "Food & Drink - Chiquito, Clifton Moor, York". York Press. York. Archived from the original on 5 May 2013. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- "Strong Brands, Focussed Strategy" (PDF). Annual Report 2010. The Restaurant Group plc. p. 2. Retrieved 12 October 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Mexican chain hits town". Belfast Telegraph. Belfast. 15 April 2010. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- "Restaurant Group serves up strong sales". Reuters. 12 September 2007. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- Lloyd, Jane (30 March 2007). "Eating Out". Liverpool Daily Post. Liverpool. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- Anson, John (19 January 2008). "Chiquito's, Blackburn". Lancashire Telegraph. Blackburn. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- Stuart, Husband (18 July 2013). "Nick Frost: 'It's about time I showed off my smokingly hot side'". The Telegraph. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- Smithers, Rebecca (18 November 2015). "More than half of UK's family restaurant chains serving unsustainable seafood" – via The Guardian.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chiquito (restaurant).|