Chirakkara village scene
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kollam|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Chathannoor|
Chirakkara is a village in Kollam district in the state of Kerala, India. Chirakkara is 16 km away from the City of Kollam and 8 km away from Paravur Town, which is famous for festivals, estuary, backwaters and beaches.
As of 2001[update] India census, Chirakkara had a population of 17184 with 8124 males and 9060 females. Chirakkara is a village formed by dividing Meenad Village of Kollam Taluk of Kollam District. Likewise Chirakkara is a Grama Panchayath formed by dividing Chathannoor Grama Panchayath. The developing tourist spot Polachira is at Chirakkara Grama Panchayath. Panchayath headquarters is at Chirakkarathazham. The place named Chirakkara is here where famous Devi Temple situates. Chirakkara is a rural area.
Chirakkara is just 2 km from Paravur-parippally road. The nearest railway station is Paravur Railway Station, which is 8 km from Chirakkara. There is bus service from kottiyam through chathannoor to chirakkara
1) Chirakkara Devi Temple 2) Vilappuram Bhagavathy Temple 3) Kottekkunnu Subrahmanya Swami Temple 4) Chirakkara ayiravilly Temple 5) Yakshippura sreebhagavathi temple 6) Gurunagappan Temple Chirakkara-chirakkarathazham 7) Uliyanadu Mahadevar Temple 8) Ayyappa Temple, Kotheri 9) Mahadeva Temple,Chirakkarathazam 10) Vevukkonnam Temple,Chirakkara 11) polachira sree mahavishnu Temple
1) S.N. College, Chathannoor 2) Government H.S., Uliyanad 3) Government H.S., Chirakkara. 4) Government H.S., Nedumgolam 5) Anandavilasam Library, Vilappuram 6) Chirakkara public library 7) Chirakkara Co-operative bank 8) Indian Bank Chirakkara
Places of interest
Anathavalam: The famous Anathavalam (The centre where domestic elephants are there) is just in its border.
Polachira: The best sight seeing place and foreign bird sanctuary.
- "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Archived from the original on 8 December 2008. Retrieved 10 December 2008.
- Plan Documents of Ithikkara Block Panchayath
- Plan Documents of Chirakkara Grama Panchayath
- Samagra Vikasana Rekha of Chathannoor Grama Panchayath
|This article related to a location in Kollam district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|