Chongqing Iron and Steel Company
|Industry||Iron and steel manufacturing|
|People's Republic of China|
|Chairman: Mr. Dong Lin|
|Products||Iron and steel|
|Website||Chongqing Iron and Steel Company Limited|
Formerly "Hanyang Iron Plant" in Wuhan, it was established in 1890 during Qing Dynasty by Zhang Zhidong, the Governor of Hu-Guang Area (now separately Hubei, Hunan and Guangdong). It, together with Daye Iron Mine and Shanghai Steel Plant, was relocated to Dadukou, Chongqing in 1938 during the Second Sino-Japanese War. After 1949, the plant had been renamed as "Chongqing Iron and Steel (Group) Company". In 1995, the company was reformed into "Chongqing Iron and Steel (Group) Company Limited".