Chris Harper (wide receiver, born 1993)
Harper with the New England Patriots in 2015
|No. 6 – Montreal Alouettes|
|Born:||December 7, 1993|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school:||Crespi Carmelite|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||1-game injured list|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
|Career CFL statistics|
|Player stats at CFL.ca|
Christopher James "Chris" Harper (born December 7, 1993) is an American gridiron football wide receiver who is currently playing for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League. He was signed by the New England Patriots as an undrafted free agent following the 2015 NFL Draft. He played college football at California.
Harper was Cal's most productive receiver over his 35 games played and 23 starts during his three seasons with the program from 2012–14. He entered the 2015 NFL draft as an underclassman, forgoing his final season of eligibility.
New England Patriots
Harper went undrafted, but signed with the New England Patriots on May 5, 2015 as an undrafted free agent. Harper made the Patriots initial 53-man roster and played in the first game of the 2015 season but was cut by the team on September 15, 2015. Harper was resigned to the Patriots' practice squad on September 17, 2015. On November 17, 2015, following an injury to Julian Edelman, the Patriots signed Harper from the practice squad to the 53-man roster.
On November 30, 2015, the Patriots waived Harper after a costly muffed punt in the snow against the Denver Broncos the day before. On December 2, 2015, the New England Patriots signed Harper to the practice squad. On December 26, the Patriots again promoted Harper to the 53-man roster.
On September 3, 2016, Harper was released by the Patriots as part of final roster cuts.
San Francisco 49ers
On September 5, 2016, Harper was signed to the 49ers' practice squad. On September 12, 2016, he was promoted to the active roster. The next day, he was released by the 49ers and was re-signed to the teams' practice squad the following day. Harper was promoted back to the active roster on November 8, 2016. On May 2, 2017, Harper was waived by the 49ers.
New York Jets
- "CalBears.com - University of California Official Athletic Site". www.calbears.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-10-26. Retrieved 2015-09-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Patriots Sign Undrafted Rookie Wide Receiver Chris Harper To Practice Squad". 17 September 2015.
- Kyed, Doug (November 17, 2015). "Patriots Add Receiver Depth By Signing Chris Harper Off Practice Squad". NESN.
- "Patriots cut Chris Harper following muffed punt".
- "Patriots re-sign Chris Harper, Kelcy Quarles". www.bostonherald.com. Retrieved 2015-12-27.
- "Patriots elevate Chris Harper from practice squad". Retrieved 2015-12-27.
- "Patriots vs. Dolphins - Box Score - January 3, 2016 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "Patriots reach the 53-man roster limit". Patriots.com. September 3, 2016. Archived from the original on November 6, 2017.
- "49ers Sign WR Chris Harper to Practice Squad". Archived from the original on 2018-01-02. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "49ers Promote WR Chris Harper to Active Roster, Release RB DuJuan Harris". 49ers.com. Archived from the original on 2018-01-02. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- "49ers Re-sign RB Harris; Waive WR Harper". 49ers.com. Archived from the original on 2018-01-02. Retrieved 2016-09-14.
- "49ers Announce Roster Moves". 49ers.com. November 8, 2016. Archived from the original on August 6, 2017.
- "Sportrac.com: NFL Transactions". Retrieved May 2, 2017.
- "49ers Announce Several Roster Moves". 49ers.com. May 2, 2017. Archived from the original on December 16, 2017.
- Greenberg, Ethan (May 30, 2017). "Jets Sign WR Chris Harper". NewYorkJets.com. Archived from the original on September 4, 2017. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- Lange, Randy (September 1, 2017). "Jets Release 10, Place 4 on Reserve Lists". NewYorkJets.com. Archived from the original on February 5, 2018.
- "Argos sign three internationals - Toronto Argonauts". 12 April 2018.
|This biographical article relating to an American football wide receiver born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian football wide receiver is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|