Chris Mueller (soccer)
|Full name||Christopher Muller|
|Date of birth||August 29, 1996|
|Place of birth||Schaumburg, Illinois, United States|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Forward, Attacking midfielder|
|2016||Des Moines Menace||2||(0)|
|2017||Chicago FC United||9||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of August 23, 2019|
Christopher Mueller (born August 29, 1996) is an American soccer player who plays as a forward for Orlando City in MLS. Having played college soccer for the University of Wisconsin–Madison, he was the sixth overall pick of the 2018 MLS SuperDraft, joining Orlando City.
Youth and college
Mueller grew up in Schaumburg, Illinois and played college soccer at the University of Wisconsin from 2014 to 2017, scoring 22 goals in 75 regular season matches. In 2016, Mueller was selected to the All-America third-team and the All-Big Ten first team. In 2017, Mueller was named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year, as well as being selected to the All-Big Ten first team and the All-America second-team.
On January 19, 2018, Mueller was drafted as the sixth overall pick of the 2018 MLS SuperDraft, by Orlando City SC. He made his professional debut on March 3, 2018 in a season-opening 1–1 draw with D.C. United. On April 8, 2018, Mueller scored his first professional goal against Portland Timbers in a 3–2 victory. On April 21, 2018, Mueller scored the fastest goal in Orlando City history when he scored 63 seconds into a match against the San Jose Earthquakes, and later in the match he recorded his first professional assist.
On March 2, 2019, Mueller started in his second consecutive season opener, scoring in a 2–2 against New York City FC. He scored his first U.S. Open Cup goal against the same opposition on July 10, 2019 in a 1–1 quarter-final draw before Orlando progressed to their first ever semi-final on penalties. In July 2019, Mueller was part of the Orlando City team alongside Nani and Sebas Méndez that won the 2019 MLS All-Star Skills Challenge, beating teams from the MLS All-Stars and Atlético Madrid to win the $25,000 prize for charity with Mueller notably the only player to successfully complete a scissors kick during the volleys round.
|School||Season||NCAA Regular Season||Big 10 Tournament||NCAA Tournament||Total|
|University of Wisconsin–Madison||2014||Div. I||16||0||1||1||0||0||0||0||0||17||0||1|
- As of August 23, 2019
- "Men's Soccer – Chris Mueller – 2017". uwbadgers.com. Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- "Mueller named to NSCAA All-America team". University of Wisconsin.
- "Mueller named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year". University of Wisconsin.
- "Chris Mueller becomes two-time All-American". University of Wisconsin.
- "Orlando City Selects Forward Chris Mueller in 2018 MLS SuperDraft". orlandocitysc.com. Major League Soccer. January 19, 2018. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- "Orlando City SC 1, DC United 1 2018 MLS Match Recap". mlssoccer.com. MLS. March 3, 2018. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- "Orlando City SC 3, Portland Timbers 2 2018 MLS Match Recap". mlssoccer.com. MLS. April 8, 2018. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- "Lions Defeat San Jose for 4th Straight Win". April 21, 2018.
- "Real Salt Lake's Corey Baird wins 2018 AT&T MLS Rookie of the Year". November 5, 2018.
|This biographical article related to an American soccer forward is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|