Church of the Sacred Heart (Heron Lake, Minnesota)
Church of the Sacred Heart (Catholic)
Church of the Sacred Heart from the southwest
|Location||9th St. and 4th Ave., Heron Lake, Minnesota|
|Area||less than one acre|
|Architect||Parkinson, A. & B. Dockendorff|
|Architectural style||Neo-Baroque, Other|
|NRHP reference #||89000157|
|Added to NRHP||March 20, 1989|
The Church of the Sacred Heart (Catholic) is a Roman Catholic church in Heron Lake, Minnesota, United States. Built in 1921 at a cost of $150,000, the church was designed by architects Parkinson & Dockendorff of La Crosse, Wisconsin. The design is Neo-Baroque with neoclassical touches. It was modeled after Central European churches and based on a basilica plan with prominent twin bell towers. It was dedicated in August 1921 in a ceremony officiated by Bishop Patrick R. Heffron of the Diocese of Winona. The church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Alan K. Lathrop (2003). Churches Of Minnesota: An Illustrated Guide. University of Minnesota Press. pp. 73–74. ISBN 0816629099.
- Mary Ann Nord (2003). National Register of Historic Places in Minnesota: A Guide. Minnesota Historical Society Press. p. 114. ISBN 0873514483.
- "Church History". Sacred Heart Catholic Church Heron Lake, MN.