This article needs to be updated.August 2019)(
|Founded||July 2003 (Wuhan)|
|Parent||Dongfeng Motor Group (50%)|
Honda Motor Company (40%)
Honda Motor (China) Investment Co Ltd (10%)
Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co., Ltd. is an automobile manufacturing company headquartered in Wuhan, China, and a 50:50 joint-venture between Dongfeng Motor Group and Honda Motor Company. It currently produces a variety of Honda models also available in other markets and a handful of China-only products. The company sells vehicles under the Honda and Ciimo marques.
According to Honda, the total production capacity for the two plants of Dongfeng Honda in Wuhan, were 480,000 units, yearly. However, Dongfeng Motor Group reported that 713,840 units were produced by Dongfeng Honda in 2017.
In February 2006, Dongfeng Honda completed a 2.8 billion yuan (US$340 million) expansion of its production facility quadrupling production capacity to 120,000 units. In May 2008, it announced plans to double production capacity to 240,000 vehicles a year with an investment of 10 billion RMB.
As of 2011, product part-content included parts manufactured in Japan.
Its product line includes or has included the below vehicles:
- Honda Civic
- Honda CR-V
- Honda Crider
- Honda Elysion
- Honda Envix
- Honda Gienia
- Honda Greiz
- Honda Inspire
- Honda Jade
- Honda UR-V
- Honda XR-V
- In Japanese, the name of the company may be written as 東風ホンダ from the combination of the two kanji for "Dongfeng" and katakana for Honda.
- "Report on Production and Sales Volume of Dongfeng Motor Group at December 2018" (PDF) (Press release). Dongfeng Motor Group. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "Dongfeng Honda to Build Third Automobile Production Plant in China". world.honda.com. Honda. 8 December 2016.
- "Manufacturing Facilities: Asia Oceania; China, Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co., Ltd". 2017: Honda.
- "Dongfeng Honda targets double output in 5 years". China.org. 7 April 2008. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Honda's New Joint Venture in China Begins CR-V Production". world.honda.com. Honda. 24 April 2004.
- "Honda Opens New China Factory to Keep Ahead of Toyota". Bloomberg. 19 September 2006. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Honda seeking approval to double China JV capacity". Reuters. 22 May 2008. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Honda to boost China capacity by 20 pct - Nikkei". Reuters. 8 May 2008. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- Fang Yan and Ken Wills (27 March 2012). "UPDATE 1-Dongfeng 2010 net weak, outlook improves on Honda recovery". reuters.com. Thomson Reuters.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
- For planned, 2016 production base, see "Dongfeng Honda to Build Third Automobile Production Plant in China". world.honda.com. Honda. 8 December 2016.
- For first and second plant in Wuhan, see "Dongfeng Honda to Build Second Auto Plant in China". world.honda.com. Honda. 20 January 2010.
- For 2004 production base, see "Honda's New Joint Venture in China Begins CR-V Production". world.honda.com. Honda. 24 April 2004.
- For 2012 production base, see "Dongfeng Honda Begins Production at New Automobile Plant". world.honda.com. Honda. 10 July 2012.
- "Honda's strategic move: Acura-based sporty car". China Daily. August 10, 2009. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Dongfeng-Honda Ciimo sub-brands into the Chinese car market". Carnewschina.com. 2 May 2012. Retrieved 31 July 2015.
- Official site of Dongfeng-Honda