Claremont station (California)
|Metrolink commuter rail station|
Trackside at Claremont Metrolink station.
|Location||110 West 1st Street|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Rebuilt||December 7, 1992|
Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad Station
|Architect||Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad and Sumner Sellit Co.|
|Architectural style||Mission Revival-Spanish Colonial Revival|
|NRHP reference #||82002188|
|Added to NRHP||July 15, 1982|
Claremont is a passenger rail and bus station in Claremont, California, United States. It is served by Metrolink's San Bernardino Line which runs from Los Angeles Union Station to San Bernardino-Downtown, with some trains formerly continuing to Riverside on weekends. The Mission Revival-Spanish Colonial Revival style station is listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places as Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad Station.
Until November 2016, this station was one of the few Metrolink stations that utilized an existing older depot. The depot was built in 1927 by the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway in the Spanish Colonial Revival style, and it was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. The station was listed in the National Register because of its architecture. The station was renovated at a cost of $2.8 million and opened reopened for Metrolink use on December 7, 1992. The station was staffed by Foothill Transit and sold bus passes and rail tickets. On November 20, 2016, the interior of the depot was converted into the new home of the Claremont Museum of Art.
Platforms and tracks
|Westbound||■ San Bernardino Line||toward L.A. Union Station (Pomona–North)|
|Eastbound||■ San Bernardino Line||toward San Bernardino-Downtown (Montclair)|
The station is designated the Claremont TransCenter in Foothill Transit literature, and serves lines 188, 189, 197, 292, 480, 492, and the 690 Express to Downtown Pasadena. The station is also served by Amtrak California Thruway Motorcoach route 19, with connections to the San Joaquins in Bakersfield. The Gold Line Foothill Extension (served by the Blue Line/A Line in 2021), expected to be completed in 2026, will share this station.
- "National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination Form: Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad Station". National Park Service. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- Hudson, Berkley; Willman, Martha (December 10, 1992). "Station Starts Off on the Right Track". Los Angeles Times. p. 559. Retrieved July 6, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Foothill Transit Store - Claremont". Communityseniorservices.com. Retrieved 2011-08-28.
- Gelt, Jessica (November 16, 2016). "Claremont Museum of Art to open in historic depot on Sunday". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 13, 2017.
- "Foothill Gold Line". Foothill Gold Line.
- Media related to Claremont (Metrolink station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Claremont at the Metrolink website
- Foothill Transit
- Amtrak California
|This California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a property in Los Angeles County, California on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|