Ferrell in 2019
|No. 96 – Oakland Raiders|
|Born:||May 17, 1997|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||265 lb (120 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2019 / Round: 1 / Pick: 4|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 11, 2019|
|Player stats at PFR|
Clelin Ferrell (born May 17, 1997) is an American football defensive end for the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Clemson, and was drafted by the Raiders in the first round of the 2019 NFL Draft.
Ferrell was a 4-star recruit out of Benedictine College Preparatory in Richmond, Virginia, and was ranked as the fifth best prospect in the state, the seventh best weak-side defensive end, and the No. 101 prospect in the country by 247 Sports. After a redshirt sophomore season in which he led Clemson in tackles for loss with 18 and sacks with 9.5, Ferrell was named to the 2017 College Football All-America Team. On January 13, 2018, Ferrell announced that he would return to Clemson for his junior season. On January 11, 2019, Ferrell announced that he would forgo his final year of eligibility and declare for the 2019 NFL Draft.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 4 3⁄8 in
|34 1⁄8 in
|10 1⁄2 in
|4.4 s||7.26 s||25 reps||21|
|All values are from NFL Scouting Combine|
Ferrell made his NFL debut in week 1 against the Denver Broncos on Monday Night Football. In the game, Ferrell made 3 tackles and recorded his first sack on Joe Flacco in the 24–16 win. In week 10 against the Los Angeles Chargers on Thursday Night Football, Ferrell recorded 8 tackles and sacked Phillip Rivers 2.5 times in the 26–24 win.
- Rapp, Timothy (June 4, 2014). "Clelin Ferrell to Clemson: Tigers Land 4-Star DE Prospect". Bleacher Report. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- Holcomb, Dave (December 11, 2017). "Clemson DE Clelin Ferrell named first-team All-America". diehards.com. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- Raynor, Grace (January 13, 2018). "In stunning news, Clemson football learns Clelin Ferrell and others will return to Clemson in 2018". Post and Courier. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- Crawford, Brad (January 11, 2019). "Clemson pass rusher Clelin Ferrell declares for 2019 NFL Draft". 247 Sports. Retrieved January 12, 2019.
- "Clelin Ferrell College Stats". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved May 2, 2019.
- "Clelin Ferrell Prospect Info". National Football League. Retrieved March 3, 2018.
- Wesseling, Chris. "Oakland Raiders select Clelin Ferrell at No. 4 overall". NFL.com. Retrieved April 26, 2019.
- "Raiders beat Broncos 24–16 in 1st game after Brown's release". www.espn.com. September 9, 2019. Retrieved September 9, 2019.
- "Raiders rally to beat Chargers 26-24". www.espn.com. November 7, 2019. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- Career statistics and player information from Sports-Reference (college)
- Clemson Tigers Bio
- Oakland Raiders bio
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive lineman born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|