Cliddesden railway station
|Area||Basingstoke and Deane|
|Original company||Basingstoke and Alton Light Railway|
|Pre-grouping||London and South Western Railway|
|1 June 1901||Station opened|
|1 January 1917||Closed|
|18 August 1924||Reopened|
|12 September 1932||Closed to passengers|
|1 June 1936||Closed to goods|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|Basingstoke & |
Alton Light Railway
When built, a wind engine was provided to supply the station buildings and cottages. It was made by John Wallis Titt. The wind engine outlasted the railway, surviving until the 1940s. The station was used for the filming of 1937 film Oh, Mr Porter! which features Cliddesden as the fictional Buggleskelly.
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
|Basingstoke||Basingstoke and Alton Light Railway||Herriard|
- "Basingstoke Railway History in Maps". Christopher Tolley. 2001. Archived from the original on 6 December 2008. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- Griffith, Edward (1982). The Basingstoke & Alton Light Railway 1901 - 1936. Newbury: Kingfisher Railway Publications. p. 16.
|This article on a railway station in South East England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|