Dispersed Rural Community
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Elevation||271 m (889 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern Time Zone)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (Eastern Time Zone)|
|Area code(s)||705, 249|
Clute is a Dispersed Rural Community and unincorporated place in the town of Cochrane, in Cochrane District, Ontario, Canada. It is also the name of a geographic township in Cochrane District, at the northeastern corner of which the community lies. An irregularly-shaped eastern part of the geographic township lies in the town of Cochrane following an amalgamation after 1996; the rest, the majority of the township, lies in the Unorganized North Part of Cochrane District.
The community is on Ontario Highway 579. Clute railway station, also in the town of Cochrane but in nearby geographic Blount Township and on the Abitibi River, is served by Ontario Northland Railway Polar Bear Express passenger trains.
- "Clute". Geographical Names Data Base. Natural Resources Canada. Retrieved 2016-12-02. (place)
- Elevation taken at geographic coordinates from Google Maps. Accessed 2016-12-02.
- Municipality of Cochrane - Rural Roads - Name Changes (PDF) (Map). Municipality of Cochrane. Retrieved 2016-12-03.
- "Clute". Geographical Names Data Base. Natural Resources Canada. Retrieved 2016-12-02. (township)
- "Clute" (PDF). Geology Ontario - Historic Claim Maps. Ontario Ministry of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
- "Blount" (PDF). Geology Ontario - Historic Claim Maps. Ontario Ministry of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry. Retrieved 2016-12-02.
Other map sources:
|This Northern Ontario geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|