Colonial States Athletic Conference
|Colonial States Athletic Conference|
|Members||10 (11 in 2020)|
|Former names||Pennsylvania Athletic Conference|
|Commissioner||Adrienne Mullikin (since March 2016)|
The Colonial States Athletic Conference (CSAC) is an NCAA Division III collegiate athletic conference in the Mid-Atlantic United States. There are currently nine full member institutions as of 2018. The conference's membership, as with most Middle Atlantic conferences, was shaken as a result of the formation of the Landmark Conference and its ensuing domino effect. The conference, founded in 1992 as the Pennsylvania Athletic Conference, changed its name in 2008.
The CSAC experienced another shakeup in 2018 when five members departed the conference to join with two other institutions to form a new Division III conference that eventually became the Atlantic East Conference. In July 2018, the CSAC added two new members. The conference added its 10th member on July 1, 2019 and will add an 11th member on July 1, 2020.
|Bryn Athyn College||Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania||1877||New Church||303||2018||Lions|
|Cairn University||Langhorne, Pennsylvania||1913||Christian||2,200||2008||Highlanders|
|Cedar Crest College†||Allentown, Pennsylvania||1867||Christian||1,820||1992||Falcons|
|Centenary University||Hackettstown, New Jersey||1867||Methodist||1,597||2007||Cyclones|
|Clarks Summit University||Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania||1932||Baptist||1,142||2008||Defenders|
|College of Saint Elizabeth||Morristown, New Jersey||1899||Catholic||1,200||2019||Eagles|
|Keystone College||La Plume, Pennsylvania
|Notre Dame of Maryland University†||Baltimore, Maryland||1873||Catholic||3,824||2007||Gators|
|Rosemont College^||Rosemont, Pennsylvania||1922||Catholic||903||1992||Ravens|
|Wilson College^||Chambersburg, Pennsylvania||1869||Presbyterian (PCUSA)||1,098||2018||Phoenix|
† - Women's college, therefore not competing in men's sports
^ - Former women's college now-turned co-ed college (Rosemont since 2009-10, Wilson since 2013-14, St. Elizabeth since 2016-17)
|University of Valley Forge||Phoenixville, Pennsylvania||1939||Assemblies of God||742||2020||Patriots|
Current affiliate members
Franciscan's track teams will leave the CSAC after the 2018–19 school year as part of a transition to full membership in the Presidents' Athletic Conference (PAC). Franciscan joined the PAC for men's and women's lacrosse in 2018, will add men's and women's track (indoor and outdoor) plus women's golf to its PAC membership in 2019, and will become a full PAC member in 2020–21.
|University of Valley Forge||Phoenixville, Pennsylvania||1939||Private||1,130||2018–19||Patriots||baseball|
|Kean University||Union, New Jersey||1855||Public||13,000||2018–19||Cougars||men's lacrosse|
|Montclair State University||Montclair, New Jersey||1908||Public||16,852||2018–19||Red Hawks||men's lacrosse|
|Stockton University||Galloway, New Jersey||1969||Public||8,242||2018–19||Ospreys||men's lacrosse|
|Lancaster Bible College||Lancaster, Pennsylvania||1933||Private||1,499||2019–20||Chargers||field hockey|
|Penn State Behrend||Erie, Pennsylvania||1948||State-related||4,700||2015–16||Lions||men's and women's outdoor track and field|
Former affiliate members
|Institution||Location||Founded||Type||Enrollment||Joined||Left||Nickname||CSAC Sport(s)||Current Primary Conference||Current Conference in Former CSAC Sport(s)|
|Franciscan University of Steubenville||Steubenville, Ohio||1946||Private||2,100||2015–16||2018–19||Barons||men's and women's outdoor track and field||AMCC
(Presidents' in 2020)
|Shenandoah University||Winchester, Virginia||1875||Private||1,767||2001–02||2011–12||Hornets||men's lacrosse||ODAC|
- Adrienne J. Mullikin - commissioner
- James Wagner - assistant commissioner
- "Pennsylvania Athletic Conference announces new name; Rebranding effort". Colonial States Athletic Conference. Retrieved 2008-08-24.
- "CSAC Announces Membership Changes for 2018-19" (Press release). Colonial States Athletic Conference. June 30, 2017. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- "A new conference shuffle coming". D3sports.com. June 6, 2017. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- "Atlantic East has name, formal announcement". D3sports.com. March 1, 2018. Retrieved March 6, 2018.
- "CSAC Adds Two New Members for 2018-19" (Press release). Colonial States Athletic Conference. August 30, 2017. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- "CSAC Adds New Member for 2019-20" (Press release). Colonial States Athletic Conference. March 21, 2018. Retrieved July 11, 2018.
- "CSAC Announces Addition of University of Valley Forge as 11th Core Member".
- "PAC Adds Giants and Crimson Eagles" (PDF). Pennsylvania Athletic Conference. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-06-28. Retrieved 2008-08-24.
- "Notre Dame, Centenary head to PAC". D3Hoops.com. Archived from the original on September 28, 2007. Retrieved 2008-08-24.
- "PAC adds Franciscan as full member" (Press release). Presidents' Athletic Conference. April 16, 2019. Retrieved April 22, 2019.