One of many owner-occupied estates arising during the inter-War housing boom, it was built in the 1930s on hilly farmland south of West Wickham bought by the developers, Morrell Brothers, from Coney Hall Farm. In the previous decade, opposition to road developments adjacent to West Wickham Common and Hayes Common had left the area accessible only by steep and narrow lanes. In Coney Hall's early days. London Transport refused to provide a bus service, and a free private coach service connected the estate to the nearest railway station, Hayes.
The Prime Meridian passes through Coney Hall.
Coney Hall Farm was first mentioned in the 17th century, when its lease stated that the tenant had the sole right to catch coneys (rabbits) on nearby Jackson’s Heath.
- 119 to Bromley or to Purley Way via West Wickham & Croydon. 24 Hour service. Operated by Go Ahead London for TfL.
- 138 to Bromley. Operated by Go Ahead London for TfL.
- 246 to Bromley or to Westerham via Biggin Hill. Operated by Go Ahead London for TfL.
- 314 to Eltham via Bromley or to New Addington. Operated by Stagecoach London for TfL.
- 353 to Ramsden Estate via Orpington or to Forestdale. Operated by Go Ahead London for TfL.
Public Spaces and Sport
- Coney Hall Recreation ground (Tennis courts, Playground, Skatepark and green space) 
- The Assembly Halls (Community centre) 
- Well Wood (Woods and green space) 41.61 acres (16.84 ha) The Well Wood consists of ancient semi-natural woodland with oak, ash, hazel, yew, sweet chestnut, field maple, hawthorn, Douglas fir and larch, containing masses of wood anemones and wood sorrel, followed by a carpet of bluebells and is frequented by bats, badgers, foxes, owls, woodpeckers, buzzards and many other birds.
Layhams Road runs south from Coney Hall towards the North Downs, and is a popular cycling route.
- "Coney Hall - Hidden London". hidden-london.com. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Guide to Coney Hall Skatepark". The Skateparks Project. 9 September 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 17 June 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Well Wood | Explore woods | The Woodland Trust". www.woodlandtrust.org.uk. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- Road Cycling UK https://roadcyclinguk.com/blogs/georges-blog/just-a-perfect-day.html
- Historical images of Coney Hall
- "Road Widening In Kent Approaches To Hayes Common", B.M. Goodwin, Letters, The Times, 20 August 1931.