Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Conference|
|Part of a series on|
Founded in 1993 with thirteen church bodies as members, the Conference has grown to twenty members today. Plenary sessions are held every three years. To date there have been nine plenary meetings (1993, 1996, 1999, 2002, 2005, 2008, 2011, 2014, 2017), with regional meetings held in the intervening years.
The organization rejects the 1999 Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification signed between the Lutheran World Federation and the Catholic Church.
Member church bodies confess "the canonical books of the Old and New Testament as the verbally inspired and inerrant Word of God and submit to this Word of God as the only infallible rule and authority in all matters of doctrine, faith, and life." They also accept "the Confessions of the Evangelical Lutheran Church contained in the Book of Concord of 1580, not in so far as, but because they are a correct exposition of the pure doctrine of the Word of God." 
Members cannot be in fellowship with church bodies whose doctrine or practice deviate from the confessional standard of the CELC.
Member church bodies sorted by country in alphabetical order:
- Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Church of Albania (Associate Member)
- WELS-Canada (Part of Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod)
- Christian Church of the Lutheran Reformation (Associate Member)
- Czech Republic
- Evangelical Lutheran Confessional Church
- St. John's Lutheran Congregation in Finland (Associate Member)
- Confessional Evangelical Lutheran Ministries--India (Associate Member)
- Lutheran Mission of Salvation India (Associate Member)
- East Seoul Canaan Church (Associate Member)
- Lutheran Church of Portugal (Associate member)
- Puerto Rico
- South Korea
- United States of America