Continental Divide Raceways
|Location||Castle Rock, Colorado|
|Length||2.8 mi (4.51 km)|
|Length||.5 mi (.805 km)|
|Length||.8 mi (1.3 km)|
Continental Divide Raceways was a race track located in Castle Rock, Colorado. Built in 1959, it featured a 2.8-mile (4.5 km) road course, half-mile (.805 km) oval, and 4,200-foot (1,300 m) drag strip. The land was intended to be used for a multi-sport spectator venue, but a racing complex was built after a hill climb was staged on the property. The track saw its most active time in the 1960s, hosting the USAC National Championship, major sports car races, and Trans-Am. The track closed in 1979 due to a fatal accident but reopened in 1981, holding a Winston West stock car race in 1982 before being sold to real estate developers in 1983. There was a motocross track called CDR Tech Track on the property where an AMA Motocross National was held in 1981 and 1982
USAC Champ Car "Rocky Mountain 150"
|1968||July 7||A. J. Foyt||Sheraton-Thompson||Coyote-Ford|
|1969||July 6||Gordon Johncock||Gilmore Broadcasting||Eagle-Ford|
|1970||June 28||Mario Andretti||STP Oil Treatment||McNamara-Ford|
Sports car races
|1960||June 26||Carroll Shelby||Meister Brauser||Scarab-Chevrolet||USAC Road Racing Championship|
|July 17||Bob Holbert||Porsche 718 RSK||SCCA National Sports Car Championship|
|1961||July 2||Ken Miles||Crandall Industries Incorporated||Porsche 718 RSK||USAC Road Racing Championship|
|1963||August 18||Augie Pabst||Meister Brauser||Scarab-Chevrolet||United States Road Racing Championship|
|1965||August 15||Hap Sharp||Chaparral Cars Inc.||Chaparral 2A-Chevrolet||United States Road Racing Championship|
|1967||August 27||Jerry Titus||Ford Mustang|
|1968||August 25||Mark Donohue||Chevrolet Camaro|
- Galpin, Darren. "Continental Divide Raceway Track Info". The GEL Motorsport Information Page. Archived from the original on 14 July 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- "Continental Divide Raceways". North American Motorsports Pages. Archived from the original on 14 July 2011. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- "Continental Divide Raceway". Champ Car Stats. Archived from the original on 13 July 2011. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- "Continental Divide - List of Races". Racing Sports Cars. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- "Continental Divide Raceways". Ultimate Racing History. Retrieved 14 July 2011.
|This article about a motor sport venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a sports venue in Colorado is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|