Helfet in 2015
|Born:||June 2, 1989|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||240 lb (109 kg)|
|High school:||Redwood (CA)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Cooper Helfet (born June 2, 1989) is an American football tight end who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent in 2012. He played college football at Duke.
Helfet attended Mark Day School for elementary and middle school and Redwood High School, where he played football, basketball, and lacrosse. As a senior, he recorded 42 receptions for 811 yards and earned first team all-conference honors. He was lightly recruited by college football scouts, only receiving attention from FCS football programs including the University of San Diego and various Ivy League programs. However, he committed to Johns Hopkins University on a full lacrosse scholarship.
Johns Hopkins University
Helfet accepted a full lacrosse scholarship to Johns Hopkins University, where he played lacrosse for the Blue Jays in the fall of 2007. After one semester at Johns Hopkins, Helfet transferred to Santa Rosa Junior College with hopes of pursuing a football career.
Santa Rosa Junior College
Helfet started his collegiate career at Santa Rosa Junior College in Santa Rosa, California. He was one of the very few junior college players ever to transfer to Duke University.
In his junior year, which was his first season at Duke, he was named as an honorable mention All-ACC. In his senior season, he was among the players named to the 33-member watch list for the John Mackey Award. He was selected to the pre-season All-ACC by both Lindy's Sports second team and Athlon Sports third team also prior to his senior season.
On May 16, 2012, he signed with the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent. On August 31, he was released. On January 17, 2013, he re-signed with the Seahawks to a futures contract. On August 31, 2013, he was released. On September 2, 2013, he was signed to the practice squad. On February 5, 2014, he was signed to a reserve/future contract. He would remain on the Seahawks for the 2015 season and part of the 2016 season.
On October 11, 2016, Helfet was signed to the Oakland Raiders' practice squad. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Raiders on January 9, 2017. On July 25, 2017, the Raiders placed Helfet on the Non-Football Injury List.  He was released on September 2, 2017.
- "Duke Profile". GoDuke.com.
- Duke Blue Devils football bio
- "Seahawks sign 10 to futures contracts". thenewstribune.com. Archived from the original on December 8, 2015. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- "Seahawks Announce Nine Player Signings to 2014 Future Contracts". seahawks.com. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- "Raiders Sign TE Cooper Helfet To Practice Squad, Cut LB Darnell Sankey".
- "Raiders Announce Reserve/Future Signings". Raiders.com. January 9, 2017. Archived from the original on September 9, 2017.
- Bouda, Nate (July 25, 2017). "Raiders Place TE Cooper Helfet & LB Ben Heeny On NFI List".
- "Raiders Announce Transactions". Raiders.com. September 2, 2017. Archived from the original on December 9, 2017. Retrieved September 8, 2017.