|Born: September 22, 1994|
Ray attended Simeon Career Academy in Chicago, Illinois. In the summer prior to his senior year, he played in the 2012 Under Armour All-American Game. He was drafted by the Seattle Mariners in the 33rd round of the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft but did not sign and attended the University of Louisville to play college baseball for the Louisville Cardinals.
Ray appeared in 43 games and made 19 starts as a freshman at Louisville in 2014. He hit .325/.416/.481 with one home run and 17 runs batted in (RBI). As a sophomore in 2015, he started all 65 games and hit .325/.389/.543 with 11 home runs, 56 RBI and 34 stolen bases. Against Wake Forest, Ray stole home in the bottom of the ninth inning, to give Louisville the win. After the season, he played for the United States collegiate national team during the summer.
In the 2016 Major League Baseball draft, the Milwaukee Brewers selected Ray with the fifth overall selection. He signed and spent his first professional season with both the Brevard County Manatees of the Class A-Advanced Florida State League and the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers of the Class A Midwest League, batting .239 with five home runs, 17 RBI, and ten stolen bases in 60 games between both teams. Ray spent 2017 with the Carolina Mudcats of the Class A-Advanced Carolina League, where he posted a .238 batting average with seven home runs, 48 RBI, and 24 stolen bases in 112 games. He played the 2018 season with the Biloxi Shuckers of the Class AA Southern League. After batting .239 with 27 home runs, 74 RBI and 37 stolen bases, he was awarded the Southern League Most Valuable Player Award.
- Sheehan, Jack (June 5, 2013). "Southland Viking's Corey Ray to Potentially be Drafted". Homewood-Flossmoor Patch.
- "Ray Readies For Wrigley's Brick Wall - BaseballAmerica.com". BaseballAmerica.com. August 15, 2012.
- "All-star Ray aspiresto be an ambassador".[dead link]
- "Ashburn – Corey Ray Journeys From Chicago's South Side to the Top of College Baseball – Neighborhood News – DNAinfo Chicago". DNAinfo Chicago. Archived from the original on December 18, 2015.
- "- News & Observer". newsobserver.
- "Sullivan – Slugging Ray prefers to be a pest". The Courier-Journal. May 28, 2015.
- Chicago Tribune (April 20, 2015). "Simeon alum Corey Ray steals home in one of weekend's top plays". chicagotribune.com.
- "Corey Ray Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved November 10, 2017.
- "Corey Ray Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved January 1, 2019.