Crazy Town (song)
|Single by Jason Aldean|
|from the album Wide Open|
|Released||March 1, 2010|
|Jason Aldean singles chronology|
"Crazy Town" is a song written by Brett Jones and Rodney Clawson and recorded by American country music artist Jason Aldean. It was released in March 2010 as the fourth and final single from Aldean’s 2009 album Wide Open. It has become his tenth consecutive Top 20 hit on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart with a peak at number 2. It is also Aldean's first single to not have an accompanying music video.
Matt Bjorke of Roughstock stated the song "accents Aldean's voice a bit allowing him to hide the nasal sound that sometimes pops up." Blake Boldt of Engine 145 gave it a "thumbs-down," summarizing his review by saying "'Crazy' is all power and no purpose."
Appearances in media
New York Yankees outfielder Brett Gardner uses the song as his walk-up theme. Atlanta Braves relief pitcher Jonny Venters comes out to pitch with this song. The Nashville Predators also use the song at their home games in a pregame video.
On the week ending March 6, 2010, "Crazy Town" debuted at number 49 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and moved up the following week to 36. It debuted at 96 on the Canadian Hot 100 for the week of June 18, 2010.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||85|
|US Billboard Hot 100||51|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||16|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "Crazy Town by Jason Aldean Songfacts". Songfacts.com. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- NAME:. "Jason Aldean - "Crazy Town" | New Country Music, Listen to Songs & Video". Roughstock.com. Archived from the original on 2012-05-02. Retrieved 2012-01-10.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "Jason Aldean – "Crazy Town"". Engine 145. 2010-02-15. Archived from the original on 2014-12-18. Retrieved 2012-01-10.
- "Jason Aldean Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Jason Aldean Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Jason Aldean Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Best of 2010: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved December 13, 2010.
- "American single certifications – Jason Aldean – Crazy Town". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 25 July 2013. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.