|Founded||1987 (offline as Dabs Press) |
1990 (offline as Dabs Direct and eventually online as Dabs.com)
|Headquarters||Bolton, England, UK|
Republic of Ireland
|Helen Slinger (CEO)|
Number of employees
Originally Dabs Press, from 1987 to 1990, and Dabs Direct, it primarily sold its products via advertisements in IT related magazine. dabs.com was founded in Bolton by David Atherton and Bruce Smith in 1987; Dabs is an acronym of the initials of the founders' names. It subsequently grew to employ more than 200 people, with annual revenue of £200m from 5000 transactions daily. In April 2016 the dabs.com was phased out in favour of the BT Shop brand.
In April 2006, it was announced that BT Group had purchased dabs.com for an estimated £30m and that the business would become a wholly owned subsidiary of BT. Dabs.com was also a former shirt sponsor of Fulham FC.
- "David Atherton at E-consultancy". Retrieved 20 November 2008.
- "BT to bin Dabs.com brand". www.theinquirer.net.
- "BT buys online retailer dabs.com". BBC News. 28 April 2006.
- http://www.sporting-heroes.net/content/thumbnails/00137/13612-zoom.jpg. Missing or empty
- dabs.com official website
- dabs.ie official website for Ireland
- BT Shop provided by dabs
- BT Business Direct (formally dabs4work.com) official website for businesses
- Unified communications provided by BT Business Direct
- dabs4work.ie official website for businesses in Ireland
- dabs.com reviews
- Review of 2010 Dabs.com Live Gadget Show in London