|• Total||0.64 km2 (0.25 sq mi)|
|• Density||8,100/km2 (21,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Tamluk|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Tamluk|
|Cities and towns in Tamluk subdivision of Purba Medinipur district|
M: municipal city/ town, CT: census town, R: rural/ urban centre
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
Dakshin Baguan is located at .
94.08% of the population of Tamluk subdivision live in the rural areas. Only 5.92% of the population live in the urban areas, and that is the second lowest proportion of urban population amongst the four subdivisions in Purba Medinipur district, just above Egra subdivision.
Note: The map alongside presents some of the notable locations in the subdivision. All places marked in the map are linked in the larger full screen map.
As per 2011 Census of India Dakshin Baguan had a total population of 5,180 of which 2,705 (52%) were males and 2,475 (48%) were females. Population below 6 years was 696. The total number of literates in Dakshin Baguan was 4,074 (90.86% of the population over 6 years).
As per the District Census Handbook 2011, Dakshin Baguan covered an area of 0.64 km2. It had bus routes in the town. Amongst the civic amenities it had 50 road light points and 900 domestic electric connections. Amongst the medical facilities it had 4 nursing homes with 40 beds and 15 medicine shops in the town. Amongst the educational facilities it had were 4 primary schools, 1 middle school, 1 secondary school and 1 senior secondary school in the town. The nearest degree college was at Tamluk 12 km away. Amongst the recreational and cultural facilities a cinema theatre was there at Radhamani 5 km away and an auditorium/ community hall was there in the town.
Chanserpur High School, PO Chanserpur, is a Bengali-medium boys only higher secondary school, established in 1914. It has arrangements for teaching from class VI to XII. It has a library and a play ground.
Ananatapur Bani Niketan Girls High School is a girls only higher secondary school affiliated to the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education.
Branch office of Bengal Doctors available in Dakshin baguan, Chanserpur "Book doctors appointment online in West Bengal". Health Statistics. Bengal Doctors. Retrieved 27 November 2019.</ref>
- "Yahoo maps location of Dakshin Baguan". Yahoo maps. Retrieved 4 January 2009.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Purba Medinipur". Table 2.2. Department of Planning and Statistics, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 20 April 2019.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- "District Census Handbook Purba Medinipur, Census of India 2011, Series 20, Part XII A" (PDF). Section II Town Directory, Statement I: Growth History, Pages 1207-1209; Statement II: Physical Aspects and Location of Towns, Page 1210; Statement III: Civic and other Amenities, Pages 1211-1212; Statement IV: Medical Facilities 2009, Pages 1212-1213; Section: Educational, Recreational and Cultural Facilities, Pages 1213-1215. Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- Google maps
- "Chnserpur High School". ICBSE. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- "Chanserpur High School". WBCHSE. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- "Anantapur Bani Niketan High School". WBCHSE. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- "Health & Family Welfare Department". Health Statistics. Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 27 March 2019.