Dale H. Lastman, C.M.
|Alma mater||University of Toronto (B.A)|
Osgoode Hall Law School (J.D.)
|Known for||Chair of Goodmans|
|Parent(s)||Mel Lastman, father |
Marilyn Lastman, mother
|Relatives||Blayne Lastman, brother|
Career and community involvement
Dale H. Lastman, C.M. practices corporate, commercial and securities law with Goodmans. He serves as a director of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment and as an Alternate Governor for both the NHL and the NBA and a Governor of the Toronto Argonauts for the CFL. Lastman also serves as on the boards of RioCan Real Estate Investment Trust, the CAMH Foundation and Roots Ltd. In 2018 he was appointed Chair of the board of Baycrest.
In 2017, Dale was named a Member of the Order of Canada. In 2014, Dale was appointed by the Minister of National Defence as an Honorary Captain of the Royal Canadian Navy. He has also been awarded the rank of an Honorary Detective by the Toronto Police Service. Dale has been recognized among "Toronto's 50 Most Influential People" by Toronto Life Magazine. . He was honoured as one of the ICRF's 2010 "Men of Distinction" for his philanthropic efforts and contributions to the community and in 2011 and 2012, was presented with the ICRF's Chairman's Award. Dale is a Director of Canada's "Top 40 Under 40", a recipient of the Award and its "Best of the Best" Canadian Leadership Award.
- "Dale H. Lastman - Goodmans LLP". Lexpert.ca. Retrieved 2015-08-28.
- "Board of Directors". MLSE. Retrieved 2015-08-28.
- "Baycrest Announces New Board Chair Dale H. Lastman, C.M." Retrieved 2018-06-25.
- "Toronto's Most Influential People in 2012". Torontolife.com. 2012-12-03. Retrieved 2015-08-28.
- "Dale Lastman". osgoode.yorku.ca. Archived from the original on November 13, 2012. Retrieved November 13, 2013.