|Elevation||351 m (1,152 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Halbi|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Dantewada (also known as Dantewara) is a town and a nagar palika in the Dantewada district in the state of Chhattisgarh, India. It is the administrative headquarters of Dantewada District. It is the fourth largest city of Bastar division.The town is named after the goddess Danteshwari, the presiding deity of the Danteshwari Temple located in the town, 80 km from the Jagdalpur tehsil. The goddess is worshipped as an incarnation of Shakti and the temple is held to be one of the fifty-two sacred Shakti Peethas.Dantewada Town is well connected by broad gauge railway line from Visakhapatnam.
Dantewada is located at  It has an average elevation of 351 meters (1154 feet). Dantewada city is situated on the river banks of Shankani and Dankini rivers..
Places of Interest
One of the Shaktipeethas of India, Maa Danteshwari temple is in Dantewada. The presiding deity of Dantewada is goddess Danteshwari. World-famous Bastar Dussehra which is also the longest festival of world, starts from Dantewada Shaktipeeth.
Ganesha idol at a height of 3000 feet is amidst the lush green forests of Bailadila ranges. Path to the peak is full of beautiful sightings. Tourists are visiting Dholkal for real adventure.
Phoolpad waterfall is a beautiful waterfall with scenic ambience. Recently, District Administration Dantewada started River Rappelling to boost the tourism of that area.
Known as "the city of temples and lakes", Barsoor has a great historical significance. Grandeur architecture of the temples speak out the glorious history of Barsoor. Twin Ganesha idol, Mama Bhancha temple, Chandraditya temple and Battisha temple are some of them.
Six kilometers from Barsoor, there is a bridge which connects Abujhmarh with Barsoor. The bridge is on Indravati river and before it, there is a trek of around two kilometers to reach at the waterfall. Indravati river streams separated by seven sub-streams and flows through rocky terrain and forms Saathdhara waterfall.
As of 2011[update] India census, Dantewada had a population of 13,633. Males constituted 53% of the population and females 47%. Dantewada had an average literacy rate of 70%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy was 78% and, female literacy was 61%. In 2001 in Dantewada, 14% of the population was under 6 years of
1- Government Danteshwari PG College Dantewada
2. College of Agriculture, Chitalanka, Dantewada
3. Kendriya Vidyalaya, Chitalanka, Dantewada
4.Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Barsoor, Dantewada
5. Govt Model Higher Secondary School, Dantewada
6. NMDC Polytechnic College Dantewada
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2019)
Mahendra Karma was a politician of Indian National Congress who was assassinated by maoist in 2013.
- "Dantewada district profile". Archived from the original on 9 April 2007. Retrieved 3 May 2007.
- Falling Rain Genomics.Dantewara
- "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: Village Panchayat Names of Dantewada, Dantewada, Chhattisgarh". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India. Archived from the original on 12 November 2011.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.