Darryl W. Perry
Darryl W. Perry
|Chair of the Libertarian Party of New Hampshire|
September 2016 – April 2018
|Born||February 7, 1978|
Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.
|Alma mater||Jefferson State Community College|
Darryl W. Perry (born February 7, 1978) is an American activist, author, radio host and politician.
Darryl attended Jefferson State Community College on a scholarship with the Speech Team (Forensics Team), and later on a Management Scholarship with WJSR-FM, the college radio station. Darryl was station manager from the summer of 1997 until he graduated in 1998.
He hosts the daily newscast FPPradioNews, the podcast Peace, Love, Liberty Radio, the weekly news podcast FPP Freedom Minute, and was a regular co-host on Free Talk Live.
Perry is a co-founder of the New Hampshire Liberty Party, and was on the National Committee of the Boston Tea Party from 2008-2012, twice serving as chair. Perry later sought the 2016 Libertarian Party presidential nomination on a platform as the only "real" Libertarian running.
After the Libertarian Convention and the nomination of Gary Johnson, he voiced concerns over Johnson's vice presidential nominee Bill Weld, citing the failure of the Reform Party as evidence that The Libertarian Party needed a more consistent message and suggesting Will Coley or Larry Sharpe as more suitable running mates. He confronted Weld before the nomination. After the convention he announced a limited write-in campaign in 17 states. He received either 5 or 3 votes overall.
Perry is considered a "hard-core" libertarian, who expressed dismay that Gary Johnson won the Libertarian's 2016 Presidential nomination. He supports the decriminalization of recreational drugs, stating they "should be as legal as tomatoes." He supports a non-interventionist foreign policy. Perry has an anarcho-capitalist platform, calling the United States Government "the world's biggest terrorist organization" and advocates abolishing the United States Government.
- Perry, Darryl W. (2008). 1776 & Today: Why We Need A New American Revolution. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN 1438209452.
- Perry, Darryl W. (2010). The Anarcho Teachings of Yeshua. Free Patriot Press. ISBN 0984203729.
- Perry, Darryl W. (2011). Duopoly: How the Republicrats Control the Electoral Process. Free Patriot Press. ISBN 098420377X.
- Perry, Darryl W. (2015). A Rebel's Journey: My Path to Liberty. Free Press Publications. ISBN 1938357213.
- "Bio". darrylwperry.com. 17 April 2017. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "Darryl W. Perry's concession speech". C-SPAN.org. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- Jeff Wood (1 June 2016). "Darryl Perry confronts William Weld". Retrieved 6 January 2018 – via YouTube.
- "Darryl W. Perry Announces Limited Presidential Write-In Campaign". independentpoliticalreport.com. 29 September 2016. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "The Green Papers 2016 General Election Presidential Popular Vote and FEC Total Receipts by Party". www.thegreenpapers.com.
- "Sex, Drugs, and Freedom – Business Convention report". Libertarian Party of New Hampshire. 2018-07-29. Retrieved 2019-01-30.
- Kwong, Matt (June 5, 2016). "Libertarian Gary Johnson could swing votes from Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton". CBCNEWS. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved January 5, 2017.
- RT America (12 May 2016). "Libertarian presidential candidates face off in RT-hosted debate". Retrieved 6 January 2018 – via YouTube.
- "NH Election Results". Retrieved November 16, 2018.