|• Total||376.23 km2 (145.26 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+6 (BST)|
|Website||Official Map of Daudkandi|
Daudkandi is located at. It has 77,102 households and a total area of 376.23 km².
According to the 1991 Bangladesh census, Daudkandi had a population of 458, 503. Males constituted 50.44% of the population, and females 49.56%. The population aged 18 or over was 215, 409. Daudkandi had an average literacy rate of 29.9% (7+ years), compared to the national average of 32.4%.
|Upazila Chairman||Major (Retd.) Selim Reza|
|Woman Vice Chairman||Rujina Akther|
|Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO)|
Daudkandi has 15 Unions, 1 Pourosova, 281 Mauzas/Mahallas, and 467 villages.
- Uttar Daudkandi
- Uttar Elliotganj
- Dakshin Elliotganj
- Mohammadpur Purba
- Mohammadpur Paschim
- Purba Panchgachhia
- Pachim Panchgachhia
- Khondaker Mostaq Ahmad, 5th President of Bangladesh (15 August 1975 to 3 November 1975), was born at Dashpara village in 1919.
- Major General (Retd.) Mohammad Shubid Ali Bhuiyan has been the Member Parliament for constituency Comilla-1 since 2009.
- Dr. Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain, Minister of Health and Family Welfare (2001-2006) and the Member of Parliament for constituency Comilla-2 from 1991 until 2006, was born at Gayaspur village in 1946.
- Uddin, AKM Jasim (2012). "Daudkandi Upazila". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Population Census Wing, BBS". Archived from the original on 2005-03-27. Retrieved November 10, 2006.
- Khan, Saleh Athar (2012). "Ahmad, Khondakar Mostaq". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "List of 9th Parliament Members". Bangladesh Parliament.
- "Constituency 249_10th_En". Bangladesh Parliament.
- "Ex-BNP minister Mosharraf indicted". The Daily Star. 29 October 2015.
- "Parliament Election Result of 1991,1996,2001 Bangladesh Election Information and Statistics". Vote Monitor Networks. Archived from the original on 29 December 2008. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- "BNP leader Mosharraf's birthday today". Daily Sun. 1 October 2017.
|This Chittagong Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|