|51st Attorney General of Ohio|
|Assumed office |
January 14, 2019
|Preceded by||Mike DeWine|
|32nd Auditor of Ohio|
January 10, 2011 – January 12, 2019
|Preceded by||Mary Taylor|
|Succeeded by||Keith Faber|
|Born||December 22, 1956|
|Education||Ohio State University (BA)|
Capital University (JD)
David Anthony Yost (born December 22, 1956) is an American lawyer who is currently serves as the 51st Attorney General of Ohio. He previously held the positions of Ohio Auditor of State, Delaware County Auditor from 1999 to 2003 and County Prosecutor from 2003 to 2011. In January 2017 he announced he was running for Ohio Attorney General in 2018.
Family, education and early career
Dave Yost graduated from The Ohio State University with a B.A. degree in Journalism. He became a journalist with the Columbus Citizen-Journal. He went on to serve in senior positions within the administrations of Columbus Mayor Buck Rinehart and Ohio Governor George Voinovich. He then earned a Juris Doctor from Capital University Law School.
While operating a private law practice, Yost was appointed Delaware County Auditor in 1999. In 2003, he became the Delaware County Prosecutor where he won the first-ever capital murder case in the county's history Attorney General Yost and his wife Darlene live in Franklin County. They have three children and three grandchildren.
Auditor of State (2011–2019)
Auditor Yost won the election for Ohio's 32nd state auditor in November 2010.
|Ohio Auditor Republican Primary Election, 2010|
|Ohio Auditor Election, 2010|
|Ohio Auditor Election, 2014|
|Republican||Dave Yost (inc.)||1,711,927||56.98|
|Democratic||John Patrick Carney||1,149,305||38.25|
- "About Auditor of State Dave Yost". OhioAuditor.gov. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- Gomez, Henry J. (January 24, 2017). "Ohio Auditor Dave Yost launches attorney general bid". cleveland.com.
- "Ohio Auditor Dave Yost Lincoln Day Dinner Speaker in Cambridge". www.toledoblade.com. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Naymik, Mark (January 25, 2010). "Delaware County Prosecutor David Yost leaves Ohio attorney general race for auditor's race". Cleveland "Plain Dealer".
- Grace, Francie (June 5, 2003). "Ohio Horror: 1 Man, 3 Dead Wives". CBS News. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- "Republican David Yost defeats Pepper for Ohio auditor". www.toledoblade.com. Toledo Blade. March 11, 2010. Retrieved August 17, 2012.
| Auditor of Ohio
| Attorney General of Ohio