David Potter (historian)
David Stone Potter (born 1957) is the Francis W. Kelsey Collegiate Professor of Greek and Roman History and the Arthur F. Thurnau Professor, Professor of Greek and Latin in Ancient History at The University of Michigan. Potter is a graduate of Harvard (A.B. 1979) and Oxford (D.Phil 1984) universities and specialises in Greek and Roman Asia Minor, Greek and Latin historiography and epigraphy, Roman public entertainment, and the study of ancient warfare.
- Literary Texts and the Roman Historian. London: Routledge, 1999.
- The Roman Empire at Bay, AD 180–395, London: Routledge, 2004; 2nd edition, 2014.
- Emperors of Rome: Imperial Rome from Julius Caesar to the last emperor. London: Quercus, 2008. ISBN 9781847245526
- David Potter Archived 2014-05-18 at the Wayback Machine Department of Classical Studies, University of Michigan, 2014. Retrieved 17 May 2014. Archived here.
- Mellor, Ronald (2001). "Review of LIterary Texts and the Roman Historian by David S. Potter". Phoenix (3/4, autumn/winter): 440–442. JSTOR 1089140.
- Skinner, Alexander (2016). "Review of The Roman Empire at Bay, AD 180–395, 2nd edition, by David S. Potter" (PDF). AHB (Ancient History Bulletin) Online Reviews. 6: 114–116.
|This biography of an American historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|