Delhi–Alwar Regional Rapid Transit System
|Transit type||Suburban rail|
|Number of stations||22|
|Operation will start||April 2025|
|Headway||5 - 10 minutes|
|System length||164 km|
|No. of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||(1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in) broad gauge)|
|Electrification||25 kV, 50 Hz AC overhead catenary|
|Average speed||100 km/h|
|Top speed||160 km/h|
Delhi–Alwar Regional Rapid Transit System (Delhi–Alwar RRTS) is a proposed 164 km long, semi-high speed rail corridor connecting Delhi, Gurgaon, Rewari and Alwar. It is one of the three rapid-rail corridors planned under Phase-1 of the Rapid Rail Transport System of the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC). With maximum speed of 160 km/h and average speed of 105 km/h, the distance between Delhi and Alwar will be covered in 104 minutes. The project is expected to cost ₹37,000 crores.
The Phase-I construction is expected to be complete by December 2024.
The National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB) as part of its Integrated Transportation Plan 2032 identified eight rail based rapid transit corridors to improve the efficacy of transportation system in the NCR. These were:
- Delhi - Gurgaon - Rewari - Alwar
- Delhi - Ghaziabad - Meerut
- Delhi - Sonipat - Panipat
- Delhi - Faridabad - Ballabhgarh - Palwal
- Delhi - Bahadurgarh - Rohtak
- Delhi - Shahadra - Baraut
- Ghaziabad - Khurja
- Ghaziabad - Hapur
Of these Delhi-Alwar, Delhi-Panipat and Delhi-Meerut are to be constructed in the first phase. The Urban Mass Transit Company was given the job of conducting a feasibility study on 23 March 2010. The study thus submitted was approved by the Planning Board in 2012. The contract was then transferred to NCRTC on 18 January 2017 to carry the study forward.
- Pre-construction phase - January 2019 to December 2019: Pre-construction activities such as Pile Loading Test and Geo-Technical Survey for one year from January 2019 to December 2019.
- Phase-1 (Delhi to SNB) - January 2020 to December 2024: The 106 km Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Gurugram to SNB (Shahjahanpur-Neemrana-Behror Urban Complex) route, of which 75 km is in Haryana. Initial 35 km with 5 stations will be underground mostly in Delhi and Gurugram, and subsequent 71 km route with 11 stations will be overground in Haryana. To be completed by 2024.
- Phase-2 (SNB to Sotanala) - <dates>?: stations en route include Shahjahanpur, Neemrana and Behror.
- Phase-3 (Sotanala to Alwar) - <dates>?: All in Rajasthan.
|No.||Station Name||Inter-station distance (km)||Cumulative Distance (km)||Connections||Layout||Status|
|2||Jor Bagh metro station interchange||Underground||Planned|
|4||Delhi Aerocity metro station interchange||Underground||Planned|
|5||Udyog Vihar (Gurugram)||None||Elevated||Planned|
|7||Rajiv Chowk (Gurugram)||None||Elevated||Planned|
|8||Kherki Daula (WPE Toll Plaza Multi-model interchange)||None||Underground||Planned|
|10||Panchgaon (WPE Multi-model Interchange)||None||Elevated||Planned|
|11||Bilaspur Chowk INDU (MDR132)||None||Elevated||Planned|
|13||MBIR (Manesar Bawal Investment Region)||None||Elevated||Planned|
|16||SNB (Shahjahanpur-Neemrana-Behrod) (Rajasthan)||None||Elevated||Planned|
In December 2018, of the total three phases, the Phase-I construction project proposal for Delhi-Gurugram-Shahjahanpur-Neemrana-Behror Urban Complex (SNB) stretch was approved by NCRTC. It will be constructed in about five years (end of 2024) excluding one year of pre-construction activities. On 24 December 2018, two tender for the pre-construction activities was floated by NCRTC including the Pile Loading Test and Geo-Technical Survey.
- Delhi-Sonipat-Panipat Regional Rapid Transit System
- Delhi–Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System
- Railway in Haryana
- Highways in Haryana
- Stateholders' Workshop for Delhi-Gurgaon-Rewar-Alwar RRTS Corridor (PDF) (Report). Archived from the original on 20 September 2017. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- "Delhi to Alwar in 104 minutes: Rapid rail proposal moves to approval stage". Hindustan Times. 22 April 2017. Archived from the original on 20 September 2017. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- "NHAI approves Delhi RRTS projects worth Rs53,500 crore". Livemint. 19 July 2017. Archived from the original on 20 September 2017. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- "Work on Delhi-Alwar RRTS to start in a year". The Tribune. Archived from the original on 20 September 2017. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- "Delhi-Rewari-Alwar RRTS project discussed with stakeholders today". Press Information Bureau, Government of India. Archived from the original on 21 September 2017. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Rapid rail projects connecting Delhi to Alwar and Panipat get approval". Hindustan Times. 19 July 2017. Archived from the original on 20 July 2017. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- Big news for Delhi-NCR! Delhi-Alwar rapid rail transit Phase-1 corridor approved; how it will benefit, Financial express, Dec 2018.
- "Plan to create high-speed corridor for NCR". The Hindu. 24 September 2012. Archived from the original on 20 September 2017. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- "Haryana gives green light to high-speed rail network project". The Hindu. 15 June 2018. Archived from the original on 15 June 2018. Retrieved 18 June 2018.
- Tender floated for construction of Rapid Rail, Daily Pioneer, 25 December 2018.
- "NCRTC|Delhi-Alwar Corridor". ncrtc.in.
- Feasibility Study and DPR for Delhi- Gurgaon-Rewari-Alwar RRTS Corridor (PDF) (Report). Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 November 2016. Retrieved 20 September 2017.